Request unlimited usage space

Status
Not open for further replies.

freezin2

Reaction score
As of today, I'm getting messages saying I can't upload files, because I've run out of space. This seems unlikely to me, as I have only two pages on my (Wordpress) site, and one graphic. However, I notice that the policy for free accounts is, "disk space is initially limited at either 512MB or 1024MB. Users may request (in this forum) for unmetered disk space once they have used over 50% of their current disk space limit - AND have had the account for over 7 days - AND the account is in good standing (no current suspension) - AND the account has a valid website that follows x10hosting's Terms of Service (TOS)." Given that I meet all the other criteria, if I have indeed run out of space, can I please request an unmetered account?

For reference, the site is http://freezingsaddles.x10host.com/

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You haven't run out of disk space, the server has. It's a recurring problem on your server at the moment, which probably means that someone - another user on the server - (or their script) is writing a lot to the disk (probably due to a programming error, although some people do try to use the servers for file storage). Sometimes it can take a while to track down what's actually causing the problem; clearing disk space alone is just a temporary fix if something's just going to fill the disk up again right away. In the meantime, allowing you to upload or write to the disk is very likely to cause errors (corrupted files or data), which is why they suspend disk writes for all accounts on the server.

If you only have two WordPress pages, it's highly unlikely that you'd qualify for unmetered storage, since you'd have to be using more than 50% of your current allotted space (in addition to having an account older than 7 days, etc.).

freezin2

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I checked on Cpanel, and it says I'm only using 57.7 MB / 1 GB. (I do meet all the other criteria for unlimited usage space.) I guess I'll just hope that the problems with xo7 get fixed soon. They've just been driving me nuts today--a simple plug-in update not working and producing errors throughout my site until I deleted the plugin via FTP and reinstalled it via the Wordpress plug-ins page.

sebandf2

Reaction score
Currently you are not use 50% of your disk space as of right now due to the fact that 1 GB of disk space is 1024 MB and your only using 57.7 MB. 50% of 1 GB is 512 MB when you reach 512 MB of disk space is when your able to go unmetered

freezin2

Reaction score
@sebandf2: Yes, I know that. I was just getting confused because I would try to upload even small files, and would get an error saying there was no room on the server. But apparently that's a server issue, not an actual issue with my having exceeded my quota.

Status
Not open for further replies.