Requesting additional limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

shys_aelaes26

Reaction score
I found the last update with Starka such an improvement I'm feeling safe with moving my main website to this host.
The thing is that the zero-tolerance policy scares me as I wouldn't be able to get any data of mine back. ( is it possible to use a remote sql host for safety reasons ? ) and I'm worried this won't turn into another floppy free host who suddenly quits with no explanation.
I've used x10 in the past where you had the 3 plans, one free, one text add and one banner add.
It was good back then but at one point it went down the drain, now I found you again after some time with huge improvements, but still not sure if it'll happen again.

Anyway, I have 4 domains and would like to have my limit therefor increased.
Maybe by more than 2, as the domain limit includes subdomains of existing domains.
Secondly, because I have 4 different things, I'd like the ability to have 4 sql databases instead of 2.

Reason:
1: Forum, my main site > forum needs sql to store threads and posts
2: Webgame I'm working on > needs sql to store data
3: Chat system > needs sql to store userdata
4: spare one for either custom portal for forum / portal in general / some features of the fourth domain a web desktop script I use to manage documents online so I can lose my usb and still be safe, which needs sql on some features.

I hope you people can help me, best regards. Robin.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Most major scripts allow the use of "table prefixes" which allow you to use the same database for two (or more) different scripts (or two copies of the same script).

Any increase in resources would have to come via a paid upgrade. Comparison

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Main domain + parked domain
2 add on domains

That gives you 3 sites you can host on your Free Account.

If you want more, you will have to pay.

shys_aelaes26

Reaction score
And what about the databases, inside cPanel it clearly says 2 / 4
Yet I still can only have 2 but the limit is 4 ?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
There is an error in the cPanel display. You are allowed only 2 MySQL databases.

shys_aelaes26

Reaction score
I'll keep them seperate for now then.
Maybe if this service is still alive after a while I'll consider the premium plan.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Been around since 2005 so I don't expect us to be going anywhere, but that's fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.