Requesting Change of Parked Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

asif123

Reaction score
I have a forum on my parked domain unitedemirates.co.cc, due to a change in circumstances I need to change the domain to unitedarabia.co.cc, but I can't do this myself with losing all the data on the domain and the database for the forum.

The staff should be able to do this, I have already set up the nameservers for unitedarabia.co.cc. I just need the domain to be changed from unitedemirates.co.cc to unitedarabia.co.cc without losing all the data on the domain, just a simple change of domain for the site.

If the staff could do this, I'd really appreciate it - x10 is a great service that I want to use more. As my community grows, I'd like to upgrade my hosting too.

Many regards,
asif

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You should be able to change your parked domain yourself. There is only one place on your cPanel to change it, and I don't see how it's possible at all to lose any site data for just changing the domain.

asif123

Reaction score
I can only remove the domain then add another one, will I lose my data if I do this? I thought I would.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
It looks like your domain change worked. Domain changes should not delete anything from your site. Addon domains usually make a subdomain with it, but it doesn't delete the subdomain folder when you remove the domain. Parked domain are designed to just point to any folder, including the root public_html folder, that is already there.

asif123

Reaction score
I didn't load the forum for me so I tried to change the domain back to the old one (unitedemirates.co.cc), and it's still not working. Now, I'm trying to change it back to unitedarabia.co.cc but I'm getting an error when trying to remove the unitedemirates domain:

"Error from hooks wrapper: Domain action was not successfully completed [1]. Error: Error from park wrapper: Unable to find out which user owns the parked domain unitedemirates.co.cc. "

I think I really need staff help now.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Currently I show your main (and only) domain to be erep.x10.mx

You want to park unitedemirates.co.cc , correct?

And changing a parked, or even the main domain, does not change any of your files or data.

BUT, if you are using a CMS (Joomla, WordPress), it has a setting for the site URL (for creating links, style sheet and image urls, etc). If you do not change that, css, images, and other links will not work.

Last edited:

asif123

Reaction score
Currently I show your main (and only) domain to be erep.x10.mx

You want to park unitedemirates.co.cc , correct?

And changing a parked, or even the main domain, does not change any of your files or data.

BUT, if you are using a CMS (Joomla, WordPress), it has a setting for the site URL (for creating links, style sheet and image urls, etc). If you do not change that, css, images, and other links will not work.

I want to park unitedarabia.co.cc, I have MyBB, I think I can change the domain once it's up from the admin cp. But it's not loading at the moment.

The current parked domain is unitedEMIRATES.co.cc but I cannot change it, nor does it resolve. I get the error in #5 when I try to change it.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Can I have some help regarding this, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.