Requesting more disk space

Status
Not open for further replies.

addozone

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been a member for 7+ days now, my site has been up and running smoothly for at least 5 days, and I really need some more disk space to add the Kids-oriented extension to the site.

Here's a link to the site: addozone. You can learn more about us in the 'About' menu if you like.

Please let me know if there is anything else you require or if this can be granted now.

Cheers.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I can not load your site in my browsers do to...
your landing page has
Page size = 8.6 MB
Requests = 210

I have hard limits of page size <= 1 MB and request <= 25 - at ether limit stop loading and throw a error

see --> [ https://tools.pingdom.com/#!/bpiV6T/http://addozone.x10host.com/ ]
###

IMO - you should read the Terms of Service (TOS) for:
"Account holders are not permitted to resell, store, or give away x10Hosting services in part or in whole to other parties."
AND
"Any files hosted on the account must be directly related to the website the account is intended for" (e.g. bookmarks)
###

addozone

Reaction score
Thanks - that's a pretty light browser setting. :)

Yes, I'm aware of the terms of service.

1. We're don't "resell, store, or give away x10Hosting services in part or in whole to other parties." The only thing our users get is a record consisting of their settings and links in a MySQL database. No media is stored in the database, just settings and html links.

2. All files hosted on the site ARE directly related to website operation. Other than the html, css, php, and js files that run the site, we really only host thumbnail images associated with some of the links and a few page background images.

3. We don't host any media for our or our visitors' consumption or storage ( no video, no images). We're basically a directory tool that people use to organize their links to public online media in a visual directory that they can share with friends. We don't proxy anything either, we connect users directly to the content source they wish to link to. Media streaming or loading is a direct connection between the user and the source. x10 bandwidth is only used to display the index and for the messaging required to make the connections.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
We're basically a directory tool that people use to organize their links to public online media in a visual directory that they can share with friends.
-
IMO - that puts you on the outside of the TOS
###

addozone

Reaction score
-
IMO - that puts you on the outside of the TOS
###
Repsectfully, how is that different from a blog that includes user registration, reference links, and stored comments? Same fundamental design and requirements.

addozone

Reaction score
Hoping that this gets attention soon. Our Godaddy hosting ends in a few days. If it will help, I can forward usage data from our Godaddy account to verify that our hosting requirements are pretty light.

Status
Not open for further replies.