Requesting unmetered disk space

Status
Not open for further replies.

phixx10m

Reaction score
site: http://phix.x10.mx/

it would be really nice to be possible to host even just a couple of 20MB files rather than have to split things or go elsewhere, just sayin...

I found a recent post saying "short answer: no" - is there a helpful long answer in the free department?

Also, while I'm here: I've noticed that cpanel/filemanager is a real memory hog - 2GB and leaking like a sieve (on Opera). I have to shut it down every 30mins, which I can deal with, but someone should probably be told.

Last edited:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
is there a helpful long answer in the free department?
-
x10hosting has Bots on all 7 of its free-hosting servers - that deletes any user files 10 MiB (or larger) in size - that have been on the server (in any folder) for more than about 4 hours - from non-upgraded free-hosting accounts only

the 4 hours time limit allows users to upload and extract site backups - and is not for short term file hosting...

you can store files that are 10 MiB or larger - at a file-hosting service (which x10hosting free-hosting is not) then link to them from your free-hosting Web page

see --> 'Terms of Service' (TOS) at [ File Storage ] --> [ https://x10hosting.com/legal/terms-of-service ]
###

...2GB and leaking like a sieve (on Opera)
-
on my computer here - I 'see' less than one (1) GB and no Swap used with Opera
###

phixx10m

Reaction score
I have a directory of 2,500 files or so. If I enter the directory and wait for directory loading to finish, then look at Opera's Task Manager and note the memory use, then go up one level and back into the same directory, it goes up by ~25MB, every time. The memory from previous directory loads is not released/reused, and that hurts especially when renaming lots of files (although I have finished with that for now).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.