Requirements Not Met/Missing mysqli extension

npichetto

Reaction score
I tried installing WordPress on my site, but when I navigate to it I get:

Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.

Please check that the mysqli PHP extension is installed and enabled.

I hadn't changed any of my php settings - I double checked the version (7.3) and that the mysqli extension is enabled on my php version page:
1685971312854.png

I don't think this is a WP issue either, because I get similar errors when installing other apps like Joomla or Sitepad.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you!

npichetto

Reaction score
Looks to like sqlite3 needs to be disabled also. I don't have it in any php version. There is a alert at the top of the page when enabling and disabling. What does yours say when enabling msqli?

View attachment 10956
1. I cannot disable sqlite3; the UI prevents it. The tickbox is "greyed" (although with the color scheme it looks like a light blue) and the mouse cursor changes to a "no" symbol (red circle with slash) when I hover over it. Clicking the tickbox does nothing.

2. I get no such alert when enabling/disabling mysqli:
1685982957202.png
but I already had nd_mysqli disabled. When I tried enabling nd_mysqli with mysqli already enabled, it failed and I got the same alert as you. I disabled mysqli and tried enabling nd_mysqli again, it succeeded, and then I was not able to enable mysqli. I'm guessing these are conflicting extensions, so x10 prevents you from enabling both.

ctyrd

Reaction score
I'm guessing these are conflicting extensions, so x10 prevents you from enabling both.
Your on x12, sure seems like a buggy server.

I had to disable msqlnd (mysql native drivers) and enable pdo for mysqli ext to be recognize.

Have you switched to php 7.4 to see what options there are on x12?

Last edited:

npichetto

Reaction score
Your on x12, sure seems like a buggy server.
I've noticed :rofl::rofl::rofl: Is it possible to get moved to a less buggy server? I know I'm using free tier but so far I'm getting my money's worth :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I had to disable msqlnd (mysql native drivers) and enable pdo for mysqli ext to be recognize.

Have you switched to php 7.4 to see what options there are on x12?
Looks pretty similar. Still getting the "requirements not met" message

1686015613649.png
1686015633154.png
1686015646871.png

npichetto

Reaction score
Hmmm my phpinfo page still says it's running 7.3... how long does that usually take to propagate to the site? Or do I need to "save" or "deploy" the new php version somehow?

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot to click "apply" :banghead:

Last edited:

ctyrd

Reaction score
FYI, I do see sqlite3 on your site's phpinfo page:
Yes but not in "DA select php version options".
php-s.jpg
I've noticed :rofl::rofl::rofl: Is it possible to get moved to a less buggy server? I know I'm using free tier but so far I'm getting my money's worth :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I'm not sure about that! That would fall to staff/admin. They are watching this post and will bring it to the admins attention.
Looks pretty similar. Still getting the "requirements not met" message
I do not see msqli, mysqlnd, or pdo in your phpinfo: https://techreviews.x10.bz/phpinfo.php

I know what I'd do if I had access to x12, I like puzzles. Remove all installed software. Then reset php to default, maybe even disable php access in domain setup and enable. Use phpinfo only in public_html until I got the php mysqli ext. to show up.

One last thing, Check out how php version 8.2 options works. mysqlnd (PHP native driver for MySQL) only. It has drivers for MySQLi Extension (MySQL Improved). https://tbint.us/phpinfo.php

Last edited:

npichetto

Reaction score
Is this significant?

Yours:
Additional .ini files parsed/opt/alt/php82/link/conf/alt_php.ini

Mine:
Additional .ini files parsed(none)

npichetto

Reaction score
So here's a tidbit I just noticed.... none of the extensions that aren't "greyed out" on my UI are showing up in phpinfo:
bcmath
dom
fileinfo
gd
intl
ioncube_loader
json
mbstring
mysqli
mysqlnd
pdo
pdo_mysql
pdo_sqlite
phar
posix
soap
sockets
xmlreader
xmlwriter
xsl
zip
So basically nothing I do in that page is registering wherever the actual enabling of the extensions is done. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? Did I accidentally delete something necessary? I'm usually very careful about such things, but it's possible I suppose.

ctyrd

Reaction score
I don't now if you can write to .cl.selector but here is alt_php82.cfg from my directory. You will have to rename it. https://tbint.us/

I don't think it will work, if you want to try you can.

Added:
Is php access on?
secure-ssl.jpg

Last edited:

npichetto

Reaction score
Added:
Is php access on?
View attachment 10965
Yes. I disabled it and re-enabled it earlier, as you suggested here

I don't now if you can write to .cl.selector but here is alt_php82.cfg from my directory. You will have to rename it. https://tbint.us/alt_php82

I don't think it will work, if you want to try you can.
You are correct, it didn't work. I changed the name to match the php version I'm using, assuming that's what you meant. I also used the same name and updated to php 8.2, which also didn't work. Still seeing this though:
Additional .ini files parsed(none)

Last edited: