Reseller Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
Hey Corey/Staff and other Members,

I was just thinking if x10hosting could do web hosting accounts which can resell web-space; with WHM. Because I have an advanced plan, and if you could upgrade peoples accounts I surely would pay if it included WHM (Web Hosting Manager) This would also be a great advancement for x10hosting, as you would be expanding out in other hosting such as reseller hosting. And it would be nice if you could actually offer this kind of service. ;)

Links:

http://www.cpanel.net/docs/whm/ - Documentation on WHM
http://www.cpanel.net/dist.cgi - Pricing

It would be nice if you could offer this, as I would enjoy WHM because I have multiple sites. With WebHostingManager you can less clutter the sites you have.

What do you think?

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
I think this has been suggested a few times and Corey has said no. I'm not sure why but I'm sure he has good reasons.

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
Maybe because of the costs of a WHM License. - But I'm sure you can get enough people to buy these resellers as x10hosting is a reputedly reliable service.
Anyway, I would like to hear what Corey has to say. As he is Boss round here. :cool:

James

Banned
Reaction score
Corey doesnt like having resellers, as its giving a share to the server, and then can mess things around and it could affect other servers services, so if they spam, its will cause the whole server to be affected.

Its a security issue, and just a saftey choice.

Hope this helps

monky91

Reaction score
because offering reseller makes the server full load... and it is hard to provide free reseller, but luckily I knew one ::p

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
In a way, aren't we doing that now??

You refer someone to X10 ... explain how to get free hosting ...

It may not make YOU any money, but makes you feel good that you brought someone to X10, makes x10 happy because they get someone new ( possibly ) ... and us in the forums happy, because its a new member to talk to.

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
James said:
Corey doesn’t like having resellers, as its giving a share to the server, and then can mess things around and it could affect other servers services, so if they Spam, its will cause the whole server to be affected.

It’s a security issue, and just a safety choice.

Hope this helps
Kind of. But reseller accounts are as no good as shared hosting. It just if you go insane with your reseller likewise with the free hosting packages. - It really depends how you use the reseller; same with other free hosting accounts. - As you can put a load on the server if you have to many users visiting your site wether it be reseller/free hosting. And you can limit the amount that is used, say 5 Gigs of webspace and 30 gigs of Bandwidth, that would not be bad at-all. Resellers are suposed to be on a shared enviroment anyway, you don't see all resellers going down every minute of the day causing server loads.

Monky91 said:
because offering reseller makes the server full load... and it is hard to provide free reseller, but luckily I knew one ::p
I'm not really saying these reseller packages are going to be free. I'm saying people are of course going to have to pay for them as the cost of the server and the WHM license.

Me, I really wont use a reseller-hosting package for commercial use. But if you have a reseller account, you can create your own cPanels and hosting accounts. I would mainly host all the sites that I have (I have many sites) if I could get a reseller account. - As to me, x10hosting is very reliable. Others may actually decide to go commercial with a reseller package, but x10hosting can limit the resource's being offered, to stop any servers loads; if any. It's more like a free hosting server would go down more than a paid hosting server. - Which users pay for?

Last edited:

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Im still going to say corey would say no. It has been brought up before and he said no, and for good reason I support his decision.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry, this is an old topic, been touched many times, if Corey ever decides to do this, I'm sure he'll post about it. ;)

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.