Reset of Cpanel password

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGGSY

Reaction score
Hi,

I am hoping that it would be possible to reset the cpanel password for starclass.x10hosting.com?

Currently the site is showing database connection errors but for some reason the usual credentials arent working for cpanel so I cannot get in

Thanks

Adam

AGGSY

Reaction score
Quite weird.

I had actually tried that for another reason, not realising it should change the cpanel password as well.

When I attempt this, the following happens:

1. Enter current password and new password
2. "It appears that we are having some slight difficulties, please wait and try your request again. (5227DEDB)" error is shown
3. Forum and x10 control panel passwords actually change
4. Password (both new and old) do not work

:(

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Is the password change for the cPanel still pending? Or is that where you are getting the error (because others sometimes get that error while trying to log into cPanel)?

Last edited:

AGGSY

Reaction score
That error comes up when performing the password reset via the x10 control panel. I then basically hit "back" in the browser to get to the control panel again. I don't see a status screen anywhere for the password reset progress etc.

The only error I get from Cpanel is "Login attempt failed" when I try to use any of the passwords that have been set, or the original password

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
The status screen would be the link to account actions under your hosting details in the account panel. Please click that and check what it says.

AGGSY

Reaction score
Ok, if it is that screen, then there are no pending actions listed and I haven't seen any there through the whole process

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Just noticed something interesting, may or may not be part of the problem.

The URL I have been using to get to Cpanel is:

http://starclass.x10hosting.com:2082/login/

This is the URL where I am getting logon errors

From the x10 control panel, if I click the "logon to Cpanel" link, I get the following URL:

https://boru.x10hosting.com:2083/login/

This URL gives an unable to establish connection error message from Firefox.

Has there been any changes to the Cpanel logins for the Boru server etc? I know there have been some issues with Cpanels and needing to use port numbers instead of domainname/cpanel as you would regularly. I also believe this is the second server I have been moved to by the look of it

AGGSY

Reaction score
Hmmm any more ideas?

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Still havent had an update on this for more than 24 hours now.

Any chance of someone being able to look into this? Quite keen to get access to Cpanel and get this database issue sorted so I can take a backup and get our site online again

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.