Reset pass in phpBB through MySQL? [Huge points opportunity]

XColl

Reaction score
I seriously need help with this. None of my passwords aren't working so it must be some password I entered on accident.

I need to reset my own account on phpBB through MySQL. I do not want to reinstall it because some of my guildies are using it. I also don't have my email set in my own forum account. Some reason Fantastico didn't register it when I entered it during installation.

First person to help me with this I will give them tons of points since I have barely any real use for them here.

Oh and please no google searches results either, you must know what you're talking about if I have any questions. :biggrin:

Last edited:

marasm

Reaction score
Hi,

What you need to do is to create a new user with some password.

Then open phpbb_users table and copy user_password from the new user row to the row of your current user.

It does not contain the password itself but the md5 hash from the password. You should be able to log as your current user with the password of the new user then.

I suggest you to copy the old user_password of your user anyway, just in case ;)

Cheers,
Maras

XColl

Reaction score
Gave Marasm 600 credits, might give you 200 more and zapzack 450 for the link making it easier. :p

taha116

Reaction score
[Hijack] Why is your rep red? Does that mean youve been naughty?

And another can MD5 be reversed (decrypted) with any md5 decryptor or is their like a keyword you also need?

zapzack

Reaction score

And another can MD5 be reversed (decrypted) with any md5 decryptor or is their like a keyword you also need?

He was negative repped.. And MD5 can be reversed, but when he logs in, phpbb will salt the password.. Which makes it harder to crack.. And thanks for the points XColl

XColl

Reaction score

I stole some points from the x10hosting staff when they were implementing the little shop thing. If you keep stealing you get a negative point but its been like 3 years or so. Yeah I was a bit immature with the feature and then they took it off. I think I stole from Corey and Tyler (maybe hes still in staff?).

Last edited: