Resident Evil 5 Impressions

drewy

Reaction score
Whats everyone's first impressions of Resident Evil 5 which just released today.

Energritz

Reaction score
Looks Great, Nice Gfx, adds to the others, just have an issue that it seems that you would have to have a mid-high end systsem to run it properly at a decent framerate, meaning alot of people who like the resident evil series ( including myself ) would have to upgrade their systems. Just hope it can run with low res & lower settings to accomodate it.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks Great, Nice Gfx, adds to the others, just have an issue that it seems that you would have to have a mid-high end systsem to run it properly at a decent framerate, meaning alot of people who like the resident evil series ( including myself ) would have to upgrade their systems. Just hope it can run with low res & lower settings to accomodate it.

Can you do some background research before claiming you need a mid-high end system to run it properly?

It's -not- a pc game. It's 360 and ps3 only, meaning system requirements are blown out the window.

That said I had fun with it with some friends, co-op's sure fun. Was never big on the RE series though so other than it being an exceptional example of how to make players conserve ammo (if you dont, you run out and die), and how to team-play (if you don't, one of you dies and you get to start over again).

Edit: Seems I may have made an @$$ of myself, if I'm to trust Amazon.com they've got it listed as a June 2009 release w/preorders now.

Although I don't trust Amazon much; the only other source I found was Kotaku showing Capcom fubar'd a newsletter and had it slated as pc on march 13th, which doesn't look like it happened.

Comparing to other more recent FPS's I'd venture it'd want something similar to FEAR 2 Project Origin, but would recommend something along the lines of Crysis for full psychotic-rampaging-opponent effect.

Last edited:

nterror

Reaction score
I keep hearing that its not Resident Evil 4, its a little more action than survival horror. Other than that its still fun to play.

There's a lot of old news listing RE5 as being released on PC with the PS3 on the same day, though the official site has nothing about the PC version. Looks like some false information was given.

yo12334

Reaction score
I hated the fourth one because of aw full camera angles and it was impossible to turn around

But i like the idea of the desert, and Co oP those be some juicy features there.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
I miss the old RE games, in those there where actual REAL scare factors.

In the old games you where always low on ammo, there where always "I am screwed" moments, "holy f***" moments, etc...

But in RE4 and semingly in RE5 the game has become more of "Zombie Shoot Them Up" then a Scare-fest. From what I have heard (gaming magazines, etc.) RE5 will have a lot more outside, during the day levels; where is the scary in that?

Last edited:

wesley09

Reaction score
Well, I was excited when I heard the game was coming out because the RE series is pretty good.

I haven't rented the game to try it out yet, but I will soon.