Resource Limit Hit!????

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggo9432

Reaction score
Hi, I have been using x10 hosting for quite some time now. I upload numerous files a day, and I currently have little site traffic. So, today, I was doing my usual routine and editing my site. After uploading a maximum of four small php files, i got this error

This site has exceeded its resource limits for the past hour, web traffic has been restricted. Limits are reset every hour, please try back shortly.
Common reasons for this error:

High resource usage scripts.
Poorly coded scripts.
Time to upgrade.

This has never before happened to me in the almost year that I have been using x10 hosting. I so not really understand how my cpu limit was exceeded or if this was an error. If anyone can clarify this, it would be much appreciated.

my site url is www.pearlsquirrel.elementfx.com just in case you need to know.

Thanks for the help,
Eggo

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Please check those php files that you uploaded that they are properly coded. You should be already seeing your site again after the hour time limit.

eggo9432

Reaction score
I did, and although I am a novice coder, I am pretty sure that the files are coded properly. Also, I was on my website, and not even uploading any files, and then all of a sudden the resource limit was then again exceeded. In other words, I am very confused and a bit disappointed.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
There is probably another script running on your site that is exceeding the resource limits. If you are running any blogging or forum software, please check your plugins.

eggo9432

Reaction score
I have no plugins on my site. It is all hand-coded php, html, javascript, and ajax.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I've finally taken a look at your site since it came back online. I've got one question. Are you hosting third-party videos in your hosting account? It looks like you've got several members registered on your site who have uploaded videos. Did I get that right?

eggo9432

Reaction score
They are only my friends, and the videos are for testing purposes only, just to see if the flash-player was working. I was going to delete them, but i was not able to get back onto the website. And now I am suspended from my account? Can you please tell me which rules I violated? I make sure to follow all of x10 hosting's tos strictly. Any support on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.