Resource Limit Hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonleyanshika21

Reaction score
Since 2 or 3 days i am getting an error so often and suddenly my site says Resource Limit Hit!

I've tried searching x10 forums and found that HRS feature has been introduced by x10hosting.

I request them to reconsider the limit they have fixed for the suspension of hosting account
with 300 as limit,it will suspend very often.

As users usually are novice regarding scripts so this problem will occur often.

x10hosting has its own name for the best free file hosting solution online,but this suspension thing is disappointing.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
x10hosting used to outright suspend accounts that used too many resources, and it depended on the account owner to unsuspend themselves or request unsuspension here. This new system makes it easier because:

1. When any suspension goes unresolved for 14 days or more, the hosting account will automatically delete itself. This really isn't fair to the account owner who couldn't access the internet during that time (or who just didn't notice that there was a problem at all by not checking the site regularly or checking email regularly), and HRU isn't a permanent suspension so it wasn't fair for the account owner to lose their site over this.

2. This new system is an improvement because the account is not suspended anymore for HRU. Even though it would take an hour or so for the limits to be reset, you can still access your cPanel to see how your account used up the resources and learn how to solve your site's problem. The previous suspension system for high resource usage suspended the cPanel, and unless it was unsuspended, the account owner couldn't access the cPanel during the suspension. This gives the account owner more freedom to handle their account, and a shorter time for the site to be offline (I say this because of the time it takes to realize that the site was offline, and the action to resolve the issue varied with the old suspension system for HRU. So the reset of the limits for every hour gives you an exact amount of time to expect your site back online, and you control how the situation is resolved.)

3. These new limits also allows better management of the server so that when accounts reach the limit, they won't cause other account's sites to not work for lack of server resources. The admin are continuing to dedicate time and energy into testing how scripts/software work with these new limits in order make changes if they are needed to make this all work for the servers and for the account owners. Evidence that this is happening is here: http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/168961-wordpress-plugins.html. If you are using wordpress, then your participation in that thread could be very helpful for you and the other users.

Therefore, your request for them to reconsider the limit is already underway. Please be patient as the admins work on this.

Edit: I was wondering where you saw that x10hosting was a file hoster? The TOS that you agreed to when you signed up for an account specifically said in two places that file hosting was not allowed.

* File Hosting Every file on your site must have to do with the website you put up, we are not a file storage service and we strictly prohibit scripts such as torrentflux or rapidleech.

* File Storage: Accounts are not to be used for file storage, your account will be permenantly suspended if found to be breaking this rule. Downloads are only allowed on your x10Hosting account if they have to do directly with your website. e.g. you developed custom software and are selling it or giving it away. Accounts may not be used for mirrors, game file hosting, or any other type of file hosting not specified here.

I redact this part of my edit.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I've applied a suspension for file hosting/image hosting; I'm willing to give you 24hr to go remove the file hosting/image hosting software along with any completed uploads, but file hosting is NOT allowed at x10hosting.

If you choose not to remove the file hosting/image hosting software, then this suspension will stay.

lonleyanshika21

Reaction score
Surely I'll remove Image and file host from my website, i just used it for learning purpose ..however i want to ask if the suspensions are often with premium hosting ?

my Cpanel says Login Attempt Failed! Kindly reactivate it so i can Remove everything that's considered illegal according to x10 terms and conditions.

thank you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.