Resource Limit Reached despite stating unlimited bandwidth and storage!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crdncycl

Reaction score
i have my site (croydoncyclist.tk) which has been running for a good length of time now, prob about a month or so

i logged into the website today to make some changes and update, its using word press, and when i click on update on page i get the message "resource limit reached" straight away

i have noticed on the site that it states that its unlimited bandwidth and storage so why am i getting this message and how do i resolve this?

can i be put onto the unlimited as advertised on the website?

Also when i try to log into the site or control panel it seems to be really slow and hangs on the login page for quite a while i have to press the login button a few times to eventually get in.

i hope we can resolve this matetr

thanks in advance for your help

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
There's no such thing as unlimited otherwise why would anyone pay elsewhere.
ToS you agreed to when joining says 500mb image storage.

To stop abuse, we need to ask the admins here for disc increase each time we run out.
Login panel is slow, but hey, it's all free for a reason.

I noticed your sites loads very slow (Google etc hate that) because you have such large image file sizes ... 1920 pixels wide 2.7mb just for the one of a few on the home page.

http://croydoncyclist.tk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/chroham-road-pavement-parking.png

You'd half your problem if the images were web safe. An image like that should be in jgeg format and about 1200 pixels wide max and 100kb's max.

Nice site though - shame it's only a .tk (those domain names look cheesy and can be shut down without notice)

Last edited:

crdncycl

Reaction score
So the people that are running this service are misrepresenting and misleading users with false advertisement as clearly shown in the picture below it clearly states "free and unlimited"

2v84804.jpg

i understand they have a system in place that you have a low amount when you join to see if users are going to use and keep the account i understand that but then this should be increased to what is advertised.

My image files are nothing to do with the problem or issue here and are highly irrelevant, i'm talking about disk space that i have been given 512mb which i have nearly filled

also what google hates or likes is also irrelevant to what this post is about please stay on topic if your going to answer i would appreciate it.

Further my domain is also irrelevant they cannot terminate a .tk at any time, i have it registered for 1 year in which i can then renew it for a further year if i wish to do so.

The point of this post is to get my space increased and to fix my website slow loading

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
please stay on topic
Welcome to the community forum. Sorry for being friendly.

misrepresenting and misleading
Read the ToS. No one said you're not getting any extra.

Last week I politely asked for my disc space to be increased...and it was...for free. I love X10.

The point of this post is to get my space increased...
I'm a free member just like you. You'll have to wait for an admin to drop by and do that.

and to fix my website slow loading
Slow loading is due to the image file sizes, not the host.
I just saved your home page to my desktop..
The index.htm and files folder is 9mb ... 1 or 2 max is the standard.

Last edited:

crdncycl

Reaction score
Welcome to the community forum. Sorry for being friendly.

you was not being friendly at all how is not staying on topic being friendly?

misrepresenting and misleading

i have read the TOS and it dont say anything about this, also i dont think its your place to be telling people what to do

and to fix my website slow loading

again i repeat images have no relevance to the speed of my website loading its a server side issue not website issue also do not be saving parts or whole of my website i have not given you permission to do so also the website is protected by copyright so delete any parts of my website that you have saved and do not retain any of it in whole or in part

caftpx10

Reaction score
Further my domain is also irrelevant they cannot terminate a .tk at any time, i have it registered for 1 year in which i can then renew it for a further year if i wish to do so.
For the sake of facts.. if you got the domain for free (which you did according to Freenom's whois tool) then it is not yours and Freenom can do whatever they please with it, as you agreed when using their service.
I won't go too detailed for the sake of keeping this short but false reports from others or a DDoS attack towards your site utilising a free domain can result in the domain being suspended and later on redirecting to advertisements. Part of the agreement states that they can essentially modify or even terminate a free domain at their "sole discretion".
More information can be found here (the language used throughout the agreement is important to take note of): https://www.freenom.com/en/doc_tcfree_freenom_v0110.pdf
(Just wanted to let you be aware of that. 'Free' typically has a price to it.)

To keep it relevant to the topic at hand...

So the people that are running this service are misrepresenting and misleading users with false advertisement as clearly shown in the picture below it clearly states "free and unlimited"
You aren't the first person to point this out. The service had changed over time. With country and storage restrictions (storage used to be "unlimited" out of the box but that changed because of abuse so now you have to ask for a chunk of storage as you approach the limit and within the ToS). Some changes are not always mentioned (outside the forums), rather you would have to either be in the forums for a while or face the restrictions yourself to know. It is an unfortunate for it to not be pointed out even for those who do look through the Terms of Service.

Slow loading is due to the image file sizes, not the host.
again i repeat images have no relevance to the speed of my website loading its a server side issue not website issue ...
Here's what I found...
When loading the website with caching turned off, there were a lot of requests going out. The file '433-close-overtake.png' being the largest can take 1.5 - 4 seconds in and out (with a very fast connection by the way). Same goes for directly viewing the image at http://croydoncyclist.tk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/433-close-overtake.png. The time it takes really fluctuates. (Not the only image that needs a look at.)
It is indeed to do with the server. It is free hosting so there can be a heavy demand in resources. You can reduce the time it could end up taking by compressing and/or resizing the images so it would not be as bad as before. For instance, the image I had referred to does not need such high width and height as it is represented as a fairly small thumbnail.
While you can rightfully blame the server, you should try making the site (content) a little more efficient to mitigate the slowness in places (also consider internet/mobile plans).
As for dynamic content (backend code for the website), the above applies excluding resizing and compression. Varnish Cache is in use for dynamic caching and does help to some extent. There is not much you can do about the sudden slowness as an end user.

Also when i try to log into the site or control panel it seems to be really slow and hangs on the login page for quite a while i have to press the login button a few times to eventually get in.
It's one of those issues we all have to deal with. Frustrating to have to wait for but it works.

i have noticed on the site that it states that its unlimited bandwidth and storage so why am i getting this message and how do i resolve this?
Bandwidth or storage could be the cause of the message. There are other resource limitations in place to consider such as inodes, processes, memory and CPU usage. It could be any of that or the server was flipping out (again).

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
images have no relevance to the speed of my website loading
o_O Google and such would have something else to say.

It's one of those issues we all have to deal with. Frustrating to have to wait for but it works.
The main login (https://x10hosting.com/sso/login) only has to be used once a month to keep the account active.

The rest of the month I use cPanel's direct URL...opens right away...
https://xo2.x10hosting.com:2083/

Either way, a 25 second wait, for a guy with a slow 2.43 Mbps ADSL :cry: like me, for something given for FREE, doesn't worry me. :)

Last edited:

crdncycl

Reaction score
ok so i need my storage increased please as i have already hit my 512mb allocated to me. also can the servers be looked into to fix the slow loading speeds and constant error messages

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
Gee I have three thumbs down ... might as well go for four.
can the servers be looked into to fix the slow loading speeds

No one else in the last 48 hours is reporting such issues.

Try this..
https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

My Wordpress on the same server gets a 73/100 mobile, 63/100 for desktop. (very poor..I need to work on that :()

Yours gets 73/100 mobile, 0/100 desktop.

Personal Image and Video Galleries
Personal galleries are limited to 500MB of disk space for images and videos. https://x10hosting.com/legal/terms-of-service

Image folders 07 and 08 getting close?
http://croydoncyclist.tk/wp-content/uploads/2018/

Last edited:

crdncycl

Reaction score
Also i am now getting this when trying to access my webmail, my disk space usage is 341.04/512mb

Internal Server Error

User 'crdncycl' is over quota.

cpsrvd/11.56.0.22 Server at xo2.x10hosting.com

crdncycl

Reaction score
This grainy image http://croydoncyclist.tk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/433-close-overtake.png is 3.2 MB and has 10 thumbnails.
If I convert that image to JPG at 100 quality, it's less than 1 MB.

Convert these types of PNGs to JPG, change WordPress Media settings to only generate the Thumbnail and you will save space and inodes.

The images that you are loading are not coming from the x10 hosting servers anymore you are getting them from another server.

i have now transferred the website to a new host as x10 have not been very helpful here so no longer using this service for my site, i now have unlimited everything and my site runs and loads a lot faster

Thanks anyway

Last edited:

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
as x10 have not been very helpful
Really? BS!! You just had to have the last dig.
What an ungrateful person you are.
I see the forum on your spectacular out of the box sports theme WP, has zero members.

I'll join later and take this convo up there. :rofl:

cjptomas80

Reaction score
His current provider is on sale its $ 5.99 shared hosting for free in a month so it load faster for a fee. I take a look on their free tier and its only 1000mb disk space. I just look on a hosting check site where he currently host his site.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Since OP is no longer hosted with us, I am closing this ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.