Resource Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

meridaboy60

Reaction score
I have been informed my account has been suspended for high resource usage. I do not see how I could be using alot of RAM or CPU power, etc, as all that is running on my hosting account is 2 wordpress installations!

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello. What plugins are you running on your WordPress installations?

meridaboy60

Reaction score
Add Meta Tags Adds the Description and Keywords XHTML META tags to your blog's front page and to each one of the posts, static pages and category archives. This operation is automatic, but the generated META tags can be fully customized. Also, the inclusion of other META tags, which do not need any computation, is possible. Please read the tips and all other info provided at the configuration panel.

Deactivate | Edit
Version 1.7 | By George Notaras | Visit plugin site Akismet Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not. You need an API key to use it. You can review the spam it catches under "Comments." To show off your Akismet stats just put <?php akismet_counter(); ?> in your template. See also: WP Stats plugin.

Deactivate | Edit
Version 2.4.0 | By Automattic | Visit plugin site AmberPanther Favicon for WordPress AmberPanther Favicon for WordPress - A WordPress plugin developed by the AmberPanther team, designed to add a Favicon (also known as favorites icon, website icon, shortcut icon, url icon, or bookmark icon) to your WordPress powered site. The Favicon is added to the administration pages as well, not just the front pages. It supports ICO, PNG and GIF formats. It ensures cross browser functionality. The favicon files can be located in the site's root directory (detected automatically) or in a custom directory.

Deactivate | Edit
Version 1.10.3.29 | By the AmberPanther team | Visit plugin site Avatars A plugin to manage public and private avatars.

Deactivate | Edit
Version 8.1 | By Peter Sterling | Visit plugin site BackUpWordPress Manage WordPress Backups. Beta Release. Please help testing and give me feedback under the comments section of the Plugin page. Backup DB, Files & Folders, use .tar.gz, .zip, Exclude List, etc.

Deactivate | Edit
Version 0.4.5 | By Roland Rust | Visit plugin site Chap Secure Login Do not show password, during login, on an insecure channel (without SSL).

Deactivate | Edit
Version 1.5.2 | By Enrico Rossomando (redsend) | Visit plugin site Contact Form 7 Just another contact form plugin. Simple but flexible.

Settings | Deactivate | Edit
Version 2.3.1 | By Takayuki Miyoshi | Visit plugin site Embed Page Menu Generates a page menu and embed it within a post or another page. Usage: *** menu *** or *** menu child *** To manage the order by post title; simply add post_title in the marker as follow: *** menu post_title *** or *** menu child post_title *** By default the menus are shown ordered by page order, then by alphabetical order. The plugin allows you also to navigate to the next and previous page by putting *** next_page *** or *** previous_page ***. You can display the exerpt of the current post or a selected post by ading the ID on the marker: *** excerpt ID ***. ID is optional.

Deactivate | Edit
Version 1.4 | By Foliovision | Visit plugin site GooglePR This plugin allows you add the google PageRank into your blog.

Deactivate | Edit
Version 1.7 | By andot, bawbaw | Visit plugin site Google XML Sitemaps This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask.com to better index your blog.

Deactivate | Edit
Version 3.2.4 | By Arne Brachhold | Visit plugin site | Settings | FAQ | Support | Donate I Like This This plugin allows your visitors to simply like your posts instead of commment it.

Deactivate | Edit
http://blog.2i2j.com/plugins/wp-user-registration

meridaboy60

Reaction score
Alot. The most resource intensive would probably be BackUpWordPress, running SQL backups every 24 hours.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
If you're using WP Super Cache i would remove that first.

Last edited:

meridaboy60

Reaction score
WP SuperCache is installed, but not active. I have never had this issue before.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Could you provide a list of all the plugins you have installed?

~Callum

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Google XML sitemaps uses a lot of resources, you would be best off disabling that one.

~Callum

meridaboy60

Reaction score
Google XML sitemaps has been installed and running for a few months before this issue appeared. Note that is only a partial list, and I think it would be more likely to be BackUpWordpress. This has been deactivated.

P.S - The same reason for suspension, again.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Alot. The most resource intensive would probably be BackUpWordPress, running SQL backups every 24 hours.

BackupWordPress and any backup plugin will cause problems on free hosting. You might be better off doing manual backups: http://x10hosting.com/wiki/How_to_Manually_Backup_your_Site or using an alternate automatic backup: http://x10hosting.com/wiki/How_to_Automatically_Backup_your_Database

For Google XML Sitemaps, it might cause problems but you can try disabling the Gzip compression component to see if it fixes it if you really need to keep this.

Overall, plugins that generate files on the fly are usually the ones causing problems, though a large number of other plugins can cause a problem when used together. Every plugin adds to resource usage, no matter how small the plugin is, so it might not be a specific plugin, but the number of plugins running at once.

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Google XML Sitemaps uses quite a bit of resources, too.

~Callum

Status
Not open for further replies.