Returning, no x10Hosting hosting account

Peter Dow

Reaction score
Hi again remember me?

I was running scot.x10.. until about a year ago when I neglected it because I had another host I was happy with at the time.

Anyway, I am down a host again and I remembered x10hosting and here I am again to see what is what?

First thing I note is that someone has taken over scot.x10..

Second, I don't seem to have an x10hosting account.

The forum account you are logging into does not have an existing link to an x10Hosting hosting account.
Please be sure you are using the correct account to access x10Hosting's account management system. You should be using the forum account that you provided during the hosting account signup process. If you are not, this error is most likely the result.
If you have successfully logged into the account system in the past, this error may be the result of the hosting account no longer existing. If you have not accessed your x10Hosting account in an extended period of time, it may have been terminated with our inactivity policy.
If you've recently signed up to find that your account errored during creation, and you selected to "reattempt" or "cancel" your account signup, you will see this message until you sign up for an account again.
To receive a definite answer regarding the status of your account, open a support ticket at: http://support.x10hosting.com
Yes I tried to open a support ticket but was told

Sorry! This forum is not accepting new posts.
So no definitive answer but I have been away a year so that is what it will be. Account terminated.

So what does a guy do to get his account renewed around here? :dunno:

Should I just start from the beginning?
I will need to choose a new subdomain name anyway now that "scot" has gone.

Last edited:

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Peter Dow. Welcome back to x10hosting!

If you were inactive for a year, your account was probably terminated for inactivity. To be considered as "active", users must log on to the forums at least once every 31 days (formerly 14). There probably isn't a way to recover the data from your account as it has been terminated and deleted.

Unfortunately, you would need to start from the beginning.

Last edited:

Peter Dow

Reaction score
Hi Peter Dow. Welcome back to x10hosting!

If you were inactive for a year, your account was probably terminated for inactivity. To be considered as "active", users must log on to the forums at least once every 31 days (formerly 14). There probably isn't a way to recover the data from your account as it has been terminated and deleted.

Unfortunately, you would need to start from the beginning.
Oh no worries I have got all my data well backed up. :cool: It has changed a lot since last year too. Well if you see me back here under a slightly different "Peter Dow" username soon you will know why.

Peter Dow

Reaction score
Where is my email account confirmation email?

Welcome Peter
Thanks.

I re-signed up yesterday and the good news is I can keep my same forum username but the bad news is I am still waiting for the confirmation email. :happysad:

In order to use your hosting account, you must confirm an email address to be associated with it.
Account email confirmation sent successfully.

Well no sign of an email arriving from yesterday and I have just done a

resend confirmation email

but so far nothing. :happysad:

Are there any known issues here with Yahoo not accepting for delivery emails from x10hosting?

I notice that x10hosting server which hosts this forum has got a bad rating from McAfee virus and site checker.

McAfee
When we tested this site we found links to 208.122.40.130, which we found breaches browser security on our test PC.
I was wondering if the x10hosting has also been blacklisted as a spammer server and now the likes of Yahoo and Hotmail won't take email from x10hosting?

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Peter Dow! Welcome to the x10hosting community!

First of all, for the latest news and updates:
- The News and Announcements Forum
- Service Alerts

Although x10hosting is free, we do have one requirement, that is, you log into the forums a minimum of once a month. This is to ensure that you're still using your account. Otherwise, your account will be suspended and eventually deleted.

If you need any help or have any questions:
- Ask for support through the official Hosting Support page.
- Ask for support in the IRC Channel.
- Check to see if your question was already answered in the Knowledge Base.

This vast community can serve as a tool to your site's success. You may find the following interesting or useful:
- The Graphics & Webdesign forum can be used to aquire help designing your site.
- The Programming Help forum can be used to get help with a script you may be writing.
- The Review My Site forum can be used to aquire feedback on your site.

Thanks for choosing x10hosting and I wish you the best of luck!

Peter Dow

Reaction score
Help! Help! Help! Help!

Hi Peter Dow! Welcome to the x10hosting community!

First of all, for the latest news and updates:
- The News and Announcements Forum
- Service Alerts

Although x10hosting is free, we do have one requirement, that is, you log into the forums a minimum of once a month. This is to ensure that you're still using your account. Otherwise, your account will be suspended and eventually deleted.

If you need any help or have any questions:
- Ask for support through the official Hosting Support page.
- Ask for support in the IRC Channel.
- Check to see if your question was already answered in the Knowledge Base.

This vast community can serve as a tool to your site's success. You may find the following interesting or useful:
- The Graphics & Webdesign forum can be used to aquire help designing your site.
- The Programming Help forum can be used to get help with a script you may be writing.
- The Review My Site forum can be used to aquire feedback on your site.

Thanks for choosing x10hosting and I wish you the best of luck!
HELP!

In a hurry?

Thanks for posting the standard welcome message but I NEED HELP and you haven't replied to my request for help in my previous post AT ALL! Like you didn't read it.

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

mavr1c

Reaction score
If you do not get confirmation on Yahoo look in your Spam folder. Yahoo tends to put users not in your "contacts" list into the Spam folder and you may NEVER see the confirmation, depending on your settings in Yahoo.

Peter Dow

Reaction score
Account being set up!

The support section is closed... wait for its opening http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/111326-community-support-forums-closed-new-post.html then post support ticket.. You will get help

If you do not get confirmation on Yahoo look in your Spam folder. Yahoo tends to put users not in your "contacts" list into the Spam folder and you may NEVER see the confirmation, depending on your settings in Yahoo.

Thanks for the advice, the encouragement and the reminder guys.

Support was closed and email address confirmation emails were either not being sent or not delivered by Yahoo when I posted my forlorn HELP message 02-08-2010 09:46 PM.

The good news is when I tried just now, the email confirmation was sent and duly arrived in my Inbox so my account is now being set up. :biggrin: