Returning to x10 - Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcklovin

Reaction score
I started out @ x10 a long while back but I soon switched hosts. Either way, my previous hosting deal is ending this month and I'm thinking of coming back to x10, but I have a few questions.

I won't be able to update to paid hosting for about 2 months, give or take what kind of up-time can I expect on the free plan? Once I transfer over to the paid plan will I have to transfer all my files, my-sql tables to a new server, or is this automated?

Lastly, what is the CPU limit a free account gets, and what CPU limit does a paid account get? If we happen to reach this limit will our files be deleted, or will there just be a suspension page?

I know its a few questions, but choosing a new host is an intricate process for me. :happysad:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The move is automated, as far as I know. I'm not sure about the CPU for free hosting but the CPU for paid hosting is:

x10Hosting offers unmetered disk space and bandwidth on all the shared hosting accounts, users are still restricted to the above allowed sites and the following limits on CPU & Memory usage:

* May not use more than 50% of available CPU resources for more than 120 seconds at a time.
* May not use more than 50% of available CPU resources for more than 5 minutes out of a 60 minute period.
* May not use more than 820MB of memory combined between processes
* May not have more than 50 processes running at any given time.

Exceeding 75,000 inodes or 10GB of disk space will stop your account from being backed up on our 6 hour incremental backups, if you would like to utilize our 6 hour incremental backups you must stay under 10GB of disk space and 75,000 inodes. Accounts are allowed a maximum of 300,000 inodes. Each file on your account including images and emails are counted towards your inode limit. A warning will be issued when you are near the maximum and ample time will be given to correct the issue.

mcklovin

Reaction score
The move is automated, as far as I know. I'm not sure about the CPU for free hosting but the CPU for paid hosting is:

Sounds great. Looks like I'll be moving back to x10, anyone have a hint as to the free hosting up-time?

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I heard it was around 99% up-time. However, on free hosting be aware that is not guaranteed. x10hosting is by far the best free host around though :).

I'm sure you'll be happy here.

mcklovin

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I heard it was around 99% up-time. However, on free hosting be aware that is not guaranteed. x10hosting is by far the best free host around though :).

I'm sure you'll be happy here.

Yea, I don't expect any miracles from free hosting, it'll only have to hold me over a few months anyway.

Looks like I'm ready to sign-up. =]

Thanks for the help jtwhite! :biggrin: +rep

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You're welcome. I'm glad to see you're coming back :D.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Welcome back! The free hosting has pretty good uptime. I don't recall it being down for at least a few weeks, as I haven't gotten any downtime messages in my e-mail.

gomarc

Reaction score
These are my last uptime monitoring statistics for my free hosting at the lotus server:

Source:
http://www.serviceuptime.com

bhlqvl.jpg

Source:
http://www.siteuptime.com

2rze2vo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.