Revert to IE7...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sup3rkirby

Reaction score
Ok, well, here's the thing. It isn't the worst browser I've used, in fact it isn't that bad. But IE8 has a few things I've noticed that I don't quite like, and some things have gotten on my nerves.

So, I want to go back to plain old IE7.

Here's the kicker, I'm running Windows Vista. And as some of you may know, Internet Explorer can NOT be uninstalled from Vista, as it is a key part of the system itself.

Now, so I can't uninstall IE8, as it simply upgraded my IE installation. But when I try to download IE7, I am told(from MS's site), that I already have IE7 as it is built into the OS.

So how wonderful. I have IE8, and can't uninstall, and MS won't simply let me download IE7, because it simply checked my OS and assumes I have IE7.

Anyone know the best way to get back? If I were to find a download, I would like a good clean and legit download to prevent any further problems.

But of course I don't even know that the IE7 installer will work, if it detects I have IE installed already(and doesn't want me to revert).

Hazirak

Reaction score
Use Firefox
One, he's not asking whether or not he should use Firefox. Two, some people actually prefer Internet Explorer (disclaimer: I'm not one of those people).

This is just one of those things I managed to dig up on Google, I don't use Vista so I couldn't tell you how personally. Make of it this you will:

1. Go to Control Panel
  2. Click Uninstall Programs
  3. Click View Installed Updates on the pane to the left
  4. Internet Explorer 8 should be in the list somewhere

Nathan H

Reaction score
jaco_don please don't post messages that are unrelated tthe topic at hand. He wa asking simply about IE.
Hazirak hs posted a tutorial that has worked for me in the past, and can also be aplied to XP. Please post back and tel us whethr this solutin has worked.

Sup3rkirby

Reaction score
Thank you, Hazirak.

Following those instructions has worked and I've removed IE8.

Status
Not open for further replies.