Review Miner (reviewminer.co.cc)

edmund81

Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering whether some people could review my site and tell me if there are any problems with it or you have some suggestions. Thanks for your help and it's at reviewminer.co.cc, and be sure to go to the Media section as well as that's where most of the content is!
Thanks, signup@reviewminer.co.cc

chessteaching48

Reaction score
The navigation is rather difficult to understand. It seems to be done by means of the links: Home, Media and Suggestions, but when you click on Suggestions there's also something like Reviews. Clicking on Media brings you to another kind of site.
My suggestion is to design a more clearer navigation. Offer this navigation by means of buttons, tabs or some links in the side bar or in the header, but aligned and not randomly positioned.

The links in the footer are als somewhat confusing. When moving your mouse above one of them, the link becomes almost invisible.

Regards,
Chess Improvement

edmund81

Reaction score
Ok thanks, I know I have to make the navigation more consistent, but I didn't know the things at the bottom become almost invisible. I'll check that out. I think making the Media part look like the homepage is probably a bit too much for iWeb!
Thanks

alixain

Reaction score
site is JUST ok.... not so cool or having any content to surf

edmund81

Reaction score
I've changed the nav bar now. Does that make it easier to use?
Thanks

allen92

Reaction score
You need to to change your link targets to something like this:
HTML:
<link rel="parent" href="demo.htm" target="_self" />
Instead of:
HTML:
<link rel="parent" href="demo.htm" target="_blank" />
Doing so will prevent your menu items from loading in a new tab/window ever time a user clicks on it (Very annoying).

hrvat

Reaction score
Hello !
You must complete rebuild your site !
regards

edmund81

Reaction score
I've changed it so that everything doesn't launch in a new window. Thanks for pointing it out, I didn't realise before.