• Yes!

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vannilacoke7

Reaction score
I have been an artist for many years, and I just recently created a website. I had been perfecting it for months and I finally posted it up. I am still trying to work out all the kinks but I would like some feedback on it. Some questions I have are...

1.) Did it take a long time to load. *I don't want it to take to long, I mean people have to be able to see it.

2.) Was it pleasing to the eye. * The site can't be too busy.

3.) Did all the links work.

4.) Did the site even come up. * I had been having problems getting it to show up. Sometimes it would just bring up the default GoDaddy (This page is parked by GoDaddy), which is not good.

WWW.TECHNICOLORCANVAS.COM

Last edited:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
Cool! I liked it a lot, nifty little tune too.

1) About 10 seconds of bars.

2) Yes sept the name of the site that blue with gradient doesn't go with the other colors, but its not hideous.

3) Yes but they were a bit fuzzy.

4) Yes.

edit: some text gets cut off in the bottom of "about"

Last edited:

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
1.) Did it take a long time to load. *I don't want it to take to long, I mean people have to be able to see it.

2.) Was it pleasing to the eye. * The site can't be too busy.

4.) Did the site even come up. * I had been having problems getting it to show up. Sometimes it would just bring up the default GoDaddy (This page is parked by GoDaddy), which is not good.

1. Yes. It took quite a while to load. Maybe have just 1 loading bar, it's a bit confusing having 5 or so.
2. Yes apart from the title which needs a little bit of work.
3. Yes, but the link text looks blurred. Also the blank box after 'Links' brings up the contact page.
4. Yes.

Very Nice site. A little tweaking and it'll be great.

LHVWB

Reaction score
Good luck, the site looks great, apart from the cut of text down the bottom of the about section which jake mentioned.

Mekryd

Reaction score
I am sadness- I got a GoDaddy parked site page when I clicked the link. D:

Sohail

Reaction score
It looks very nice but it does take quite a while to load...

Daniel S

Reaction score

2.) Was it pleasing to the eye. *

WWW.TECHNICOLORCANVAS.COM

1.It took a while to load about 1-2 minuets
2.The site can't be too busy. Yes the layout was good and easy to read and the colours matched.
3.Yes
4.Yes

vannilacoke7

Reaction score
Thank you for the compliments and the constructive criticism. I now know what I need to work on. I have also found the problem to some of the loading issues.

1.) The loading issue for the loading bars is... Each bar is for each section on the bottom (Home... About....). The first and second ones are taking longer because of the images. I just sized them down instead of actually making them a smaller file, which I have to do to make the website faster.

2.) I know the title was a bit wacky with the colors. I was debating putting it in, and I had tried many things that I just wanted it done. I think I will just make it a sleek white font font, but I wanted it to be different colors (hence the "Technicolor Canvas" part of the name).

3.) The GoDaddy page is because my account keeps getting suspended for not logging into the fourms (that is what it says in thereasoning when I try to go to www.technicolorcanvas.com). But it happens either the same day or the day after I log in. It is weird and I am trying to get it fixed with an admin.

4.) The blurry text on the bottom is an easy fix in Adobe Flash.

OVERALL...

I think my site is good and once I fix those things it will be the best it can be.