Review my finished portfolio!

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I like the design. Now you just need to fill it with stuff.

intertec

Reaction score
Thank you. Is it a good idea to put ads into your portfolio!

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I get a 404 error with that link. I assume you're making even more changes? :p

Edit: It's OK I found it. http://yourtemp.exofire.net/ I believe?

Well, the design is really nice. The colours you've chosen look great together and I really like the minimalist layout. My one suggestion to you would be to make the links down the left hand side hover links by using the CSS :hover feature. You should also tidy up your code, as currently you have no doctype property; meaning your site may display wrong in some browsers. Your CSS is valid :)

Overall, a really slick design with a well thought-out layout and colour scheme. You'd be a good candidate for redesigning my sites one day :p

-Luke.

Last edited:

intertec

Reaction score
Thank you very much! Can you tell me about the hover feature!

pandong

Reaction score
bin the splash page as it is unnecessary in my opinion.

all i see is tables and i can see that your using dreamweaver to code? remember, only used tables if you have to display tabular data like calendar, bank statements, etc.. css is the web standards now, tables are way outdated.

your not too keen on details as i see some jaggy edges in your logo. horrid choice of typeface used in your header.

on a sidenote, your only 13 and it's not a bad start for a first site. mine is worst!

goodluck!

jjpeacha

Reaction score
Yes, a very nice design. Quite sleek and simple. I was just wondering why you have an external css file as well as css on your page? It would be alot easier if you were to put all the CSS style into the one stylesheet.

I would also say at the age of 13, I would try and learn CSS now. Your young and learning things like that is alot easier the younger you are. As the guy above said, tables are outdated and CSS is the new web standard - If your as passionate about web design as you say you are on your website then I suggest that you leanr CSS ASAP before you develop the rest of you site.

I also noticed you cut the top off your logo - is it supposed to be like that?