Review my Forum Software - PrendBoards

ddnhf43

Reaction score
For the past few months, I have been working on a forum software and as of right now, it's starting to go somewhere. I'd like to hear some feedback on it. It's not completely functional yet, but it's getting there. It's being coded in PDO (PHP Data Objects) for anyone who is wondering.

http://prendboards.com

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There's not a lot to review at the moment. It would help to have at least some dummy data in place, and perhaps a test user or two that reviewers could use. (Registering to reveal functionality isn't likely to be high on anybody's "wanna do that" list.) It looks pleasant enough (and that's not something I say quickly about anybody's designs), it just doesn't do anything much yet. Specifically, it would be nice to see how things categorize, and what the typical landing and forum pages would look like when the place is up and running as a community. (Feel free to use lorem ipsum or some variation thereof; there's a handy generator here. it isn't about content yet, just about functionality and UX/design. You can always delete it and add real seed content later.)

As I said, so far so good. Getting the front end right is every it as important as nailing the back end; if the site is pleasant to look at and peasant to use, it's much more likely to gather a community around it.

ddnhf43

Reaction score
The front-end is nearly done, I just don't have all the the links to the pages yet. There's only a few pages left, and the front page is fully PHP loaded.

tanwirec

Reaction score
Hello,
This looks like it'll be a pretty good script. I recommend creating TONS of plugins and such for it. Then move this forum to a demo directory (e.g. yoursite.com/demo or demo.yoursite.com) and create a front page. It would be perfect. People can download plugins, etc. and you could possibly make the next phpBB or maybe even vBulletin!

ddnhf43

Reaction score
Hello,
This looks like it'll be a pretty good script. I recommend creating TONS of plugins and such for it. Then move this forum to a demo directory (e.g. yoursite.com/demo or demo.yoursite.com) and create a front page. It would be perfect. People can download plugins, etc. and you could possibly make the next phpBB or maybe even vBulletin!
Thank you, there is already a front page for it, but I accidentally overwritten the page so I just put a redirect instead of just leaving it there.

tanwirec

Reaction score
Thank you, there is already a front page for it, but I accidentally overwritten the page so I just put a redirect instead of just leaving it there.
I could possibly help you with this, well the marketing and maybe coding part. This script has TONS of potential. Can I see the admin panel?

ddnhf43

Reaction score
I could possibly help you with this, well the marketing and maybe coding part. This script has TONS of potential. Can I see the admin panel?
If you wish to help you can, but the admin panel isn't done. Tbh it looks awful.

Although, I just finished a PHP/Ajax shoutbox that works flawlessly.

tanwirec

Reaction score
If you wish to help you can, but the admin panel isn't done. Tbh it looks awful.

Although, I just finished a PHP/Ajax shoutbox that works flawlessly.

I recommend making this script free, thus you don't have anything for it yet. However, comma, creating a marketplace would be good. Use Wordpress or Joomla for the main site :)

ddnhf43

Reaction score
I recommend making this script free, thus you don't have anything for it yet. However, comma, creating a marketplace would be good. Use Wordpress or Joomla for the main site :)
I plan to create everything that a fully functional forum would need, and the front page is up, I'm just not sure what to put in it yet.

tanwirec

Reaction score
If this forum is good, I'd love to use it. You can email me at owenbick@covalty.com when it's done.

I plan to create everything that a fully functional forum would need, and the front page is up, I'm just not sure what to put in it yet.

I'll PM you my Skype. This can be an awesome project! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohso

Prime Account
Reaction score
Sounds interesting. just not much to look at yet as already mentioned, good luck!

ddnhf43

Reaction score
It's back up, I just forgot to sign into the control panel this month.