Review My Newly Re-Designed Site

btfog

Reaction score
I recently totally threw out my old website design (unless you monitor is 800x600) and would like you to review the new design ONLY. I don't have any content yet, but I hope to have it up by the All-Star Break. My site is at http://www.walkoffwildpitch.co.cc. Thanks in advance.

leith

Reaction score
The font for the navigation bar and title is nice. However, the left hand sidebar is not in the same font, which makes it look a bit weird. Also, the time is nice, but I don't think it necessary, and it's not even the correct time for my timezone. So maybe you can make it smaller, or just get rid of it altogether. From the test post it looks like the posts will be on a white background, which creates a big contrast with the black background. I would suggest making it black and the font white. That's just my opinion. Hope this helps.

bazookajoe

Reaction score
You would be saving yourself SOOO much trouble by getting a blogging software of the internet and configuring it to your needs. Then Customize the colors and pictures to match your vision.

Right now it looks very thrown together. Either tidy it up or do as i suggested. So many FREE open source blog, portal, softwares for free to have out there.

Arkonsys

Reaction score
Change the color of the background or the one in the news, the contrast is to big and is not so good for the eyes, try also to change that intense blue text because it can really destroy your eyes.

secretply

Reaction score
"Wensday" is misspelled. Correct spelling is "Wednesday". Also on the middle section, maybe the posted on <date>... should have some separation from the next header title. For example:

Posted on <date>...

Kyle Lohse To Be Activated

instead of:

Posted on <date>...
Kyle Lohse To Be Activated

taha116

Reaction score
I actually like the orthdaox look and you could get it to work.... you should be able to make your sidebars a little better defined.. maybe a 2-3 pixel border... idk test it out

Also Your polls and such are 3rd party hosted... maybe you could try your own script out... If it fancies you to do the extra work... Up to you though