Review My Portfolio

Sohail

Reaction score
For 2 days work I think I've done pretty well this time, please note it is still under development so I don't need to be notified of errors etc.. Just looking to see comments on weather people here are liking the graphics and AJAX effects. It's powered by WordPress by the way ;). Please reply back with a rating out of 10.

Anyways here it is - http://sohailtech.com/.

Enjoy.

Sohail Amir.

Sohail

Reaction score
Haha I see it yeah blame x10for the MySQL being down :(.. Will look into it now.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
looking very nice...

Theme is also perfect. Infact the color is very beutifull. But
* Coffee
* Milk
* Tea
This text in footer is messed.

Overall Good. 9/10

Sohail

Reaction score
Hyysyd that's not Flash it's AJAX (using jQuery, a javascript effects library). Yeah Boss I'm aware of that I'm just thinking of what to put in those two boxes, I'm thinking I have all my portfolio projects where articles are displayed but only keeping my best 5 at the top featured carousel and then have an about me box on the left and a contact me box on the right... I'm thinking to keep the website like this meaning it has no other pages keeping everything clean and simple which is what a portfolio should be like anyway.

Thanks for all the feedback keep it coming as I'm also looking for an suggestions.

miguelkp

Reaction score
This one is probably in the top five of web sites with best appearance I've ever seen here. I like a lot how you managed the image slider.
I was thinking about using Spry (a framework for Ajax) in my website to make an image gallery. Do you know it?

Last edited:

somegood

Reaction score
I like the opening slideshow with the text. I dont like the text beneath it. put some padding in thereand match the styling on the right with the rest of the page.... overall pretty good work.

miguelkp

Reaction score
Another thing I would change if I were you is the color of the bottom links (I mean 'Projects Feed (RSS)' and 'Email Me')

garikr

Reaction score
Better than anything I've done :). I'd give it 7/10 though. The navigation circles on the bottom of the image slider get on top of the text of the 1st, 2nd and 3d slides, decreasing page's width by about 25% starts to through layout out of wak. Better than mine though :)

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I like it, the width is a bit too big for my screen though.
Sohail, that isn't the SohailTech I remember working on ;)