Review my rig :)

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here would be as nice as to maybe comment on my rig here -> http://www.evga.com/community/ModsRigs/comment.asp?sysid=19831

They offer a $1k sponsership for every 200 rigs that are eligble. I am dreaming of winning the sponsership, but maybe I/we can help it along a little :)

I vow to donate a nice sum of credits to every one that comments IF I WIN the sponsership ;)

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
;) They work wonders. 2 weeks of running every day for no less than 10 hours a day, I changed them yesterday and they where pretty clogged up. Found that using a hot glue gun with a tiny dab on the fan, wetting your finger slightly and applying pressure to the stocking over the glue gives a pretty good stick. Also you can stretch those parts of stocking that slip and create gaps and tack them down where ever.

The pictures have been updated. I am now considering a Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima XT Liquid Cooling Kit :) :) :) Just not sure if I am up for purging and cleaning the system every 6 months :s

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Pretty decent rig you have there DefecTalisman! Hope you win some cash out of EVGA's contests :)

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Great RIG! :D :D :D, nice mobo and micro!

Put a 5870!!!! :D

I would, but the board only supports SLi :)(), so investing in 1 card I can't use with another wouldn't make sense.

@Smith6612 & DeadBattery : Thank you and got my fingers crossed. I need to get 3dmark vantage soon. Jusst downloading it on my connection is costly :(

dontbeajew

Reaction score
This rig is ****.

GTS250? come on dude.

only 320 gigs? jesus, I'd need 3 of them.

I guess your processor is alright.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
:eek: not all of us need excessive space for a OS disk :p The smaller and faster, the better. Size is not always best. I have countless storage mediums lying around, external hdd's, usb flash drives and memory cards. All that 320gb caviar blue has on it is windows, games and a handfull of programs. I can't imagin what you would need a bigger boot drive for ?
The GTS 250 is intended to be my dedicated phsyx card. I am a little strapped for cash and just wanted the thing up and running.
I don't mind constructive critisism, but swearing is not on man. I don't know who you think you are, but you might want to check the attitude at the door mate.

If you had actually put aside your ego and read the thread for what it is, the build is in progress. I have a few minor mods in the pipeline (most to do with the brushed aluminum I/O panel), but have just set out to setup a CM scout image gallery (http://cmss.dev.x10hosting.com) in hope that the CM scout club(http://www.overclock.net/computer-cases/525009-coolermaster-storm-scout-club.html) might use it.
Edit:
Oh and you might want change that html in your sig. Again if you had read a little you might see that only bbcode is allowed in this forum (unless you are admin) :p

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks like a pretty nice rig. I hope I could build one similar to yours, but the funds are missing on my side :p Anyway, let's keep our fingers crossed.

krofunk

Reaction score
Its a Good looking Rig, Although I have to say that the Red Light isn't to my taste...Much prefer blue or green but thats all down to personal preference. Good Work!

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
:( I am looking at getting 2 cherry red ccfl's, the ones that are in there are more pink :s

archcode

Reaction score
As of right now my "rig" is the:
Processor- AMD phenom II x4 925
HHD-1tb hard drive 5400 rpm
Graphics card- ATI 5770
Ram- 8 gigs of DDR3 1066Mhz
Power supply- 650W corsair
Motherboard-AMD 785G (updating soon)
and for anything else i might be forgetting My computer is a beast.

Zenax

Reaction score
I do like your system sir. I love messing around with computers, wish i had the sort of money to build that sort of power. good luck mate!

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Updates : I added a H50 with R4's in push pull :)
I clocked it up to 3.7ghz yesterday and got another 2000 on my 3Dmark06 score :) running at almost the same temps it was with the intel stock cooler at stock speeds :)
All photos are here -> http://cmss.dev.x10hosting.com/

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Defect, want a GTX280 or two from my system when I upgrade to nVidia's new chips once they come out?