Review my site, A free games database.

ellescuba27

Reaction score
Maybe add a nice background colour or image, it looked a little bit boring to me, sorry.

gameaddict2085

Prime Account
Reaction score
I've added a new background image, can you please say if you people like it or not?

eggo9432

Reaction score
I like the site. My only problem is that I think that the site has too many ads. I would get rid of some of them and I would also move the donate button to the top of the screen and not leave it at the bottom of every page. Good work so far, and the background image really makes a big difference, as it adds a color-contrast with the white.

gameaddict2085

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hi eggo9432, thanks for your comment.
Can you be more specific about the ad? Should I keep just the 1 banner add at the top and remove the rest? Or is that too many? Also I really like your idea about moving the donate button so I think ill move it to the right side of the main menu.
Thanks again for your comments :)

eggo9432

Reaction score
I love the new position of the donate button. If flows perfectly with the site and it looks much better than before. The banner ad at the top is fine, as many sites use banner ads. I would personally remove the ads that are in the middle of you content, as they flash bright colors and distract the reader from reading. However, I think that a cool idea might be to replace those ads with pictures that relate to gaming and or the specific article. I think that a black and white picture would probably work very well. Good work so far!

ellescuba27

Reaction score
In the early morning, the white still hurts my eyes. Sorry to be a bother, but I don't like the right align either. However, it is a lot better than before. Maybe give a small summary of the program at the top of the page.

pyrichub

Reaction score
Well... Yeah, the site looks great (for a 4 year old) i suggest making it a bit more professional, maybe adding some flash extras, good job though my friend.

ellescuba27

Reaction score
Oh cmon, way better than 4 year old. I would call it Intermediate at least.
And your download button doesn't work. Too bad... I was going to test it.

Last edited:

gameaddict2085

Prime Account
Reaction score
@pyrichub
You joined x10 forum just to insult my work? At least say something constructive else you can gtfa

@ellescuba27
What browser you using? The button is just a standard hyperlink and shouldn't be causing you problems as its been downloaded by a lot of other people but the problem might be limited to a single browser.

dragonpimpsta

Reaction score
I would say some minor changes can go a long way. I'd start by setting a font other than times new roman. The background is better than a white background but i'm not really a fan of it. The pages seem well organized; that's pretty good.

Are you allowed to tell people to turn their adblock off to support to your revenue? It's kind of like telling people to click your ads. Which is usually not allowed. I don't know I haven't made any money from ads yet. Check out and review my site if you get a chance. lmaowtf.com

gameaddict2085

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've updated my site further and moved to thefreegamesdb.com. Please tell me what you think of the new pages/stuff.

@dragonpimpsta, Ive changed my font but I'm not really sure what are the better fonts to use over Times new Roman? Also I think the ads thing is alright cos its just telling them to view them not click them.

Edit: Also I found the problem with the download button so that should be fixed now :)

Last edited: