Review my site please.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The site gave the following when
Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

danleveylibaton53

Reaction score
yeah always like that. Try again sometime. sever buro may have a problem connecting in the database. it starts 8 pm in our time here but it turns okay 10 pm. I think 8 - 9 pm here are peek hours for server buro. :redface:

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Great SMF theme choice. Your logo fits in nicely with the black header background. :)

Get started by creating some more forums and sections rather than leaving the default there.

The Welcome bar at the top seems a bit odd. It might just be me, but I prefer to have the welcome messages and links to registration at the top.

The footer might look nicer if all the text was centered rather than have a block of text centered on the left with a single theme credit message floating on the right.

Good luck! :)

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Great SMF theme choice. Your logo fits in nicely with the black header background. :)

Get started by creating some more forums and sections rather than leaving the default there.

The Welcome bar at the top seems a bit odd. It might just be me, but I prefer to have the welcome messages and links to registration at the top.

The footer might look nicer if all the text was centered rather than have a block of text centered on the left with a single theme credit message floating on the right.

Good luck! :)

Agree to what is said about the theme
SMF sets things up so your browser will cache things such as images, javascript code, css and other things.
This makes it load faster since your site just needs to get the content really.
So its what we do and theme makers do to have things cached that makes it load faster really ;)
The even faster part is part of the server and how fast it can serve up the page but thats usually nothing to worry about until your site starts getting a good amount of hits. Which SMF does work to make it faster still.
But using this theme ..is SMF doing the things such efficiently or not is a question.
Check it out.

FrozenTime

Reaction score
It looks really nice. I like how the forums are set up. Really makes me reconsider using SMF more (the only thing keeping me from using SMF as much is that I'm more familiar with phpBB). I also didn't realize SMF supported blogging. And yeah, I hope they improve the Boru server eventually :shifty:

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It looks really nice. I like how the forums are set up. Really makes me reconsider using SMF more (the only thing keeping me from using SMF as much is that I'm more familiar with phpBB). I also didn't realize SMF supported blogging. And yeah, I hope they improve the Boru server eventually :shifty:
Yes
In SMF you can add blogs with a plugin and it almost looks like a wordpress blog.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=793

Last edited:

danleveylibaton53

Reaction score
My first forum script is phpbb but it has no chat and a few of free mods. You need to buy some good mods for phpbb. Unlike smf, u can variety of mods which is quite useful. Smf also has anti spam features so i like it so much.