Review My Site Please :)

rajat.vaghani37

Reaction score
Cyber Sky - "The Ultimate Cyber Zone"

I just created the site, so its not got so much of content yet.. about 4-5 tips/tricks or tutorials, and few of the free softwares i make every now and then. However, I am more interested in a critical analysis of the design, as im not sure how its looking in different resolutions/browsers. If you people could plz probably say a few words, positive or negative of the site till now, it would be reeeally helpful and greatly appreciated :)

eggo9432

Reaction score
The site is actually really great. I like the colors and the speed of the site. One problem I found however, is that on the contact us page, after you click send email, the footer of the page just vanishes and then center div shifts to the right. If this was not intentional you might want to fix that. Other than that I quite liked it. I actually have a question for you. I have been looking for a way to shorten URLs, and to not have the .php at the end. If you are willing to, could you share with me how you have links, such as http://cyberskies.x10.bz/#about, that have no file extensions. I think that this might be a .htaccess trick, but am not sure. The site is great, just fix that one thing. I also really like the logo; it is very creative and frankly, just looks awesome.

rajat.vaghani37

Reaction score
The site is actually really great. I like the colors and the speed of the site. One problem I found however, is that on the contact us page, after you click send email, the footer of the page just vanishes and then center div shifts to the right. If this was not intentional you might want to fix that. Other than that I quite liked it. I actually have a question for you. I have been looking for a way to shorten URLs, and to not have the .php at the end. If you are willing to, could you share with me how you have links, such as http://cyberskies.x10.bz/#about, that have no file extensions. I think that this might be a .htaccess trick, but am not sure. The site is great, just fix that one thing. I also really like the logo; it is very creative and frankly, just looks awesome.

Thank you so much for that! :)
Im happy you liked it! :D
And ill check the contact us pg. Thanks for pointing out that too..

Umm, the pages aren't through .htcaccess.. Its through Ajax. Thats one reason for the speed to be fast. Cause the content changes without the site loading and reloading. :)

eggo9432

Reaction score
Ah, ok, I see that now. Thanks for pointing it out!

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

Another thing that I also might recommend is to do this. On the left, where you have the divs that change to a light blue color on hover, make them the link and not the word itself. I is fairly inconvenient to have to click that small word and much easier to just click on the div itself.

rajat.vaghani37

Reaction score
Np! :)
And i made the necessary changes with the mail success and mail fail pages. I apparently forgot to update the code on those pages after making modifications to the template as a whole ! Haha

Hmm, yeah, I thought of that before.. But didn't know if i should implement it or not.. Now since 1 more person is supporting the idea, I might consider it :)

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

And I like your site too.. :)
Though I feel you could make a few color changes here and there. probably include gradients of similar colors rather than solid colors.
Your choice though.. :)

Last edited:

eggo9432

Reaction score
Np! :)
[/COLOR]And I like your site too.. :)
Though I feel you could make a few color changes here and there. probably include gradients of similar colors rather than solid colors.
Your choice though.. :)

Thanks! A lot of people have been telling me that they suggest color changes, but not which colors should be changed. Would you possibly mind telling me what colors you think need to be changed and what colors you recommend for them? That would be extremely appreciated!

rajat.vaghani37

Reaction score
Thanks! A lot of people have been telling me that they suggest color changes, but not which colors should be changed. Would you possibly mind telling me what colors you think need to be changed and what colors you recommend for them? That would be extremely appreciated!

Sure. Like for the top black bar.. instead of a solid black, which isnt really that attractive place this gradient below:

Code:
background: #45484d; /* Old browsers */
background: -moz-linear-gradient(top,  #45484d 0%, #000000 100%); /* FF3.6+ */
background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,#45484d), color-stop(100%,#000000)); /* Chrome,Safari4+ */
background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top,  #45484d 0%,#000000 100%); /* Chrome10+,Safari5.1+ */
background: -o-linear-gradient(top,  #45484d 0%,#000000 100%); /* Opera 11.10+ */
background: -ms-linear-gradient(top,  #45484d 0%,#000000 100%); /* IE10+ */
background: linear-gradient(top,  #45484d 0%,#000000 100%); /* W3C */
filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#45484d', endColorstr='#000000',GradientType=0 ); /* IE6-9 */

The css is cross browser friendly so dont worry about it.. ive even placed the tags along to help u incase u want to remove some or anything :)

Let me know if you want to make similar changes and if its looking good.. ;)

eggo9432

Reaction score
Dude, that looks amazing. The only problem I am having, however, is that my site logo does not match the color of the gradient.

rajat.vaghani37

Reaction score
U should always make ur logo with a transparent background.. I think u can redo ur "logo".. its just text :)
Itll look awesome after that, trust me!

eggo9432

Reaction score
I just downloaded GIMP and redid the logo. The site looks so epic man I can not thank you enough. I hate to ask you any more, nut is there anything else that you would recommend that I should change the color of because you obviously have an eye for these things.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

I was also just looking at you website and I see something else that I might recommend. On the pages with search or submit features, such as the contact us page, I would recommend something. In css, give the button effects to make them more appealing. I would add :hover and :active effects
So maybe do something like this:

input.searchsubmit{

}
input.searchsubmit:hover{
border: 1px outset gray;
}
input.searchsubmit:active{
border: 1px inset gray;
background: #B0C4DE
}

That would add a lot of extra depth to the site and make it seem even more professional. I don't know how well those colors would work, but if you want to use something like that, it is easy to change the colors.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Also, on the contact us page, after you press submit, the whole center div shifts to the left of the page.

rajat.vaghani37

Reaction score
Thanks for pointing it out.. I would never have remembered to make the change.. I added an extra div for the positioning of the elements and forgot to add it in the other pages.. haha

yep, its looking wayyy better now! :)
try styling the textbox, the register and login buttons.. probably a better hover effect using transitions..
and the "fast and easy way to..." would also look better probably with a nice gradient effect! :)
happy i could help in some way.. :)

Oh yeah, thanks for pointing it out.. Ill do that(the button part) in a while and let u know how its looking!

eggo9432

Reaction score
I added the gradient effects and I styled all of the buttons throughout the website with the gradient effect. The site looks so much better now dude, thank you so much. I have yet to style the textboxes because I don't have time right now, but thank you for all of the help. I'll send you a pm or something so we can check up on each other's websites and see the progress!

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

For you contact us page, you might want to add 'outline: none;' to the input and text boxes, I think that would make them look better. Also, for that same page, you might want to establish a maximum width for the textarea so that users can not obscure the page.

rajat.vaghani37

Reaction score
I added the gradient effects and I styled all of the buttons throughout the website with the gradient effect. The site looks so much better now dude, thank you so much. I have yet to style the textboxes because I don't have time right now, but thank you for all of the help. I'll send you a pm or something so we can check up on each other's websites and see the progress!

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

For you contact us page, you might want to add 'outline: none;' to the input and text boxes, I think that would make them look better. Also, for that same page, you might want to establish a maximum width for the textarea so that users can not obscure the page.

Haha, awesome! :D

Yeah, ill do that.. thanks! :D
Damn Lotus aint working -.-