Review My Site (please?)

Coonz

Reaction score
Hey,
I am starting up a gaming community. At the moment, it is not really where I'd like it to be, to release it. I would just like to get any comments and or suggestions about any aspect of the site. I would also ask that if anyone would be interested to be apart of the staff to email me at CaptainMcScript@toxicbox.us.to. Mainly this would consist of maintaining content, being apart of the community, monitoring content like comments, and possibly forum duty. All optional, seeing as though right now it is all non-profit. Mainly just want to create a community accepting all players.

On another note the website like is http://toxicbox.us.to
One specific thing i would like suggestions is the game profile pages such as http://toxicbox.us.to/games/racing/midnightclub-los-angeles I'm not happy with the layout of the game content. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and anyone interested in staff feel free to contact me.

Anyone interested in place ads on my site could also contact me with the email provided above. Thanks.

Last edited:

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hey,
Not bad! The toxic box name could be a tad bigger & clearer.

Consider adding Home to the Navigation section - at present it is sep arate and pale and small and not obvious.

Good clear layout - is this a drupal template or your own adaptation?

Coonz

Reaction score
Drupal "OEM" theme. I can't find a nice one and i'm trying artisteer as we speak. I'm not good at graphics and that was just to get the drupal logo out of there. temp. fix :)

freecrm

Reaction score
Just taking a quick look at this through the dreaded IE6!

Your third column div isn't floating left.. or if it is, its dropping down below the height of the first two columns.

2nd point is - your logo background doesn't match the theme background, which makes it look like you've just dropped a logo onto a pre-made template. Try changing your logo to have a transparent background and saving as a .png or .gif file to get round this. (.png's don't render well in IE6)

Alternatively, just change your logo background to suit the theme!

Apart from that, pretty clean.

Coonz

Reaction score
Thank you both for the reply.
freecrm - I wonder if it's because of the png. I usually save my pictures as png anyway but i've seen a few headlines for Drupal issues one being with pngs. So maybe this could be just with IE6. I am going to try a gif and see what i get in IE6 because FF shows how it should, including the banner/logo.

Just to clarify, is it the right or left bar? I'm having issues with right block colum like you described with the left.

Once again, thanks for any replys/suggestions

wjh2303

Reaction score
browsershots.com might be helpfull in checking browser compatabilities if you dont want to installl them all and check yourself

Coonz

Reaction score
Ah, another great utility that i have forgotten. In the past i haven't cared about other browsers other than Firefox. I don't believe it was the same application but same concept, thanks.

Edit:
Just for the record it is browsershots.org

Just clarifying in case some one else would like to check this out.

Oh and BTW freecrm i fixed the IE6 solution i think. Once again thanks for your comments

Last edited:

danjay

Reaction score
Is that a free domain you are using, I tried a google search yet I couldn't find anything related to .us.to.

freecrm

Reaction score
Arrrghh - "The page you are.... cannot be found" !!!!

Has this moved or is your server down?

Glad you fixed the IE6 problem - although I wouldn't be able to check it now because I'm using my IE7 system!

And to clarify on your earlier question, it was the right column. I often get this problem if the borders take it outside the wrapper limits.

I'll let you know when I get back to my dinosaur PC :)

Coonz

Reaction score
Its just that the subdomain i use isn't good. But you can try THIS if you really wanted to see it when the other link does not work. But of course it is meant for use with a subdomain.
Thanks for posting.