Review my site please

gster1984

Reaction score
:lockd:Hello x10 community. This is my first post here and since i guess you must stay active in the forums atleast once every 2 weeks to my knowledge, I figured i might ask you all what you think?

Remember that it's only about 75% done and i still want to add a ton more of content and my products. Also, my store and pages has only limited products and being fake as well just to get a quick rough idea on adjusting things.

www.ProPcTuner.com

I'm not a grandmaster webmaster... and never claimed to be.

Mostly i'm a hardware guy....mostly.

shervinemami

Reaction score
Hi,

You have a fair bit of stuff in your website, so obviously you've done a lot of work! I just want to say that if you want it to look a bit nicer & more professional, the menu buttons on the side look quite grainy / pixelated.

I assume you purposely made the buttons a little grainy so that it would be smaller file sizes and therefore quicker to download, but I think you should make them better quality, or atleast for the menu buttons near the bottom, like "Knowledge Base" and "Privacy Notice". If you can find a way to use anti-aliased fonts, it would be a lot less grainy. Also, I notice that you make the menu button image to be wider than it originally is, which might also make it look more grainy.

So I recommend redrawing the buttons at the same resolution as will be on the webpage, and use an antialiased font if possible. It shouldn't make the download take much longer but will make the webpages look more professional.

Cheers,
Shervin.

gster1984

Reaction score
Thank you both very much for your input. The more the marrier!

You guys nailed it with my menu buttons and honestly i havn't been satisfied with them or the 20 different previous styles i have been fighting with amongst myself. I would have to say the lowest skill i have would have to be web graphics designing.

rollover? are you talking about adding more text and image effects? if so then im on it right now.

I'm a man of simplicity. To me, it's bliss but i agree. It needs more of " IN YO FACE FOO! " zing to it.

oh and real quick... what would you guys think of some sort of looping soft backround music?

Last edited:

kaleidoscopekorral

Reaction score
I wouldn't include background music to your site because you are creating a site that advertises your business and you need it to be professional. If you had a personal homepage like mine, background music, YouTube vids, and even clowns would be okay. Just think about the context of your site.

Also, what software program are you using to create your graphics?

whizynix02

Reaction score
Hello...

i agree to them too... improve your navigation area on the left.. Are you using monotype corsiva fonts on it? to look more simplier and look more corporate, you can use that but improve the pixels...

are you using photoshop on creating that images? if so, make it on 72 res, and when you are saving making it on the medium quality like 8 or 9...

you can visit Tutorialize.com for some tutorials about making graphics..

by the way if you use the navigation image (the blue part ) as a background, i think it saves download time because you can create 1 image for all the navigation part and use text for the text part (home, services, products .....)

hope this help you..