Review my site, thanks!

terakoh

Reaction score
Hi all, it will be good if you can visit my site and give comments on how to improve my site further. Will be making a blog soon using movable type. I have seen that WordPress is pretty good so maybe those who have experience in both may share their views? Thanks.

http://terakoh.x10hosting.com/

tittat

Reaction score
really nice site...its readable....theme looking not bad...cheers...

sunils

Reaction score
I am getting a server not found error. probably the server is down or some other problem may be there. But will soon check back for review.

terakoh

Reaction score
Tittat, thanks for the nice comments.

Sunils, hmm, my website is hosted at x10hosting.com (absolut server) so I guess it may be down at that moment.

FalseHope

Reaction score
It's too plain. I would change the font, looks too old. Nice favicon though.

Franc0

Reaction score
yeah, true, too plain, no borders. make the site look it was made with no importance or care at all.

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hi,
I think you need to put more into the site. It looks a bit like a cheap get rich quick site, although it has a considerable interest strength. Perhaps you need to explain just what these fantastic offer are, and how someone hanging around can benefit from them.

How do you plan to attract people to your site? Do you think you will get search engine listings?

Have you checked out all the sites you connect to? Are they malware free. Nowadays people get really upset when they catch a nasty surprise from a site.

terakoh

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments. I am currently improving the website every weekend when I have the time as I am working full time. Actually my idea was to make it plain so any idea to make the site looks more interesting with still the theme of being plain?

Franc0, your comments are too harsh and I feel offended. I put in pride to do up my site so it's definitely important and I do care. If not, why am I asking for review?

Frankfriend,
this is the reason why I will be making a blog as I will share my experience and reviews at the blog and this website will just serve as a 'sign-up' site where people can have a glance on all my programs. I find it hard to explain all those stuff at a single website.

I do have some visitors for search engine but definitely not from the prominent ones like google or yahoo. Since my site is PTC/PTR related, I am buying advertisements to advertise in those programs.

As for the sites, are they malware free? Yes, they are as my norton has not yet alert me on anything for these 3 months that I have participating in the programs. I agree that NASTY SURPRISE really make people upset since those irritating pop-ups at some site even make me upset already. lol

To all,
so anyone has any comments on wordpress or movabletype or any better blogging tool? I should be doing up my blog this weekend. Btw, I am a software engineer (core competency is in Java) so basic codes should be fine with me.

Franc0

Reaction score
sorry, it wasent to offend you really, im just saying what i think will visitors think, and we know it takes us alot to put a website up.

olmcs87

Reaction score
i think you need to add some professional looking graphics in it and change the font style of the clickable (tabs)