Review my site

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Greetings,

This is still a major work in progress, but I felt maybe I could get some ideas and tips from the x10 community who is knowledgeable in Wordpress.

http://www.piratemouse.net

Any suggestions, tips, tricks, thoughts, ideas are welcome.

Please remember though, it is a work still in progress.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Thank you.
As I said, it is still being tinkered with.

Could use some design ideas or tips to make it look more put together though.

ukeep2yourself73

Reaction score
Looks great as is.........though there's some blank place to the right of the header "FreshLife".......could maybe enter a design of artwork of some kind......... blue and orange maybe........

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Looks great as is.........though there's some blank place to the right of the header "FreshLife".......could maybe enter a design of artwork of some kind......... blue and orange maybe........

A friend is working on a logo for me. The Freshlife is the original logo for the template.

I am trying to come up with a nice color scheme, since white and black seem a tad plain.

dfsgdgdf

Reaction score
Looks nice, and loads nice and fast too. :)

Left some comments too! :D

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Thank you for the visit and comments.

Its nice to know it looks good, but I still think it could use something. Doesn't look quite complete. I ran across another site that uses the same type of template ( http://www.techairlines.com ) and I'm trying to do things pretty close. ( Although, of course, we're two separate sites altogether )

ben.arundel28

Reaction score
take a look at the bottom of your page and the bottom of the one you just posted, i would suggest doing something about the blank white bit you have, it drew my attention and that was the only thing ;)

love the mouse pirate logo and the link to Celtic radio ;) its a nice site mate, good use of wordpress

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Greetings,

This is still a major work in progress, but I felt maybe I could get some ideas and tips from the x10 community who is knowledgeable in Wordpress.

http://www.piratemouse.net

Any suggestions, tips, tricks, thoughts, ideas are welcome.

Please remember though, it is a work still in progress.

Hi
The site is excellent and professional.

This page has 4 external Javascript scripts,3 external stylesheets,10 external background images.
Try combining images with CSS sprites the page should load faster
Currently at 100 Mbps,it takes 1.2 seconds to load due to the heavy images.If I suspend the images,the page loads super quick in 0.13 seconds.
The images are eating up the speed and causing speed loss.
Will this help?

Last edited:

conzone

Reaction score
The logo looks a lot like a Micky Mouse logo, bad news dude.
Add an eye and change the shape a bit