Review My Site

Sohail

Reaction score
Hi, tell me what you think of my flash website - http://sohailtech.com/, i know that there are a few glitches in the games area and there are no videos but that's because it's not finished yet, i still have a lot of work to do on it but what do you think of it at the moment?

Don't forget to look at the tutorials area :).

I need to know what i can improve on and any comments would be helpful too.

Thanks

rlodge

Reaction score
Well, the first thing I noticed was that almost everything I clicked was stopped by a pop-up blocker. I'm not sure how many people will like that.

There's a lot of blank space on the home page (but you did say it's a work in progress) and I do like the color scheme. Nothing that I saw was hard to read.

Even though it's flash, it loaded pretty fast for me. Looks like a good start.

dirtracer36

Reaction score
I went to the website and it didn't load, I tried again and didn't load, I waited and it finally started loading, it locked up my browser and I had to shut down. What I did see looks real nice. Maybe i'll try again later.

Loneua Technologies

Reaction score
I think you should add more to your homepage. It feels very blank. A lot of open space. Other than that, Great flash work!

sunils

Reaction score
I would say Empty homepage. organize the header advertisement. good flash work. Nice effects.

Sohail

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, i know the homepage is empty and i wanted to do something about it. Actually could you guys give me some ideas for some widgets or somehting like that, that i could put on the homepage so it doesn't look completely empty, i am currently designing a weather widget for it and i was thinking of a picture of the week widget too but tour ideas would be apreciated.

I knwo about the alignment of the banner and i will do something about it soon ;) Thanks for noticing...

FalseHope

Reaction score
On the front page put like a description of what the website is for. Give a few details on news and what not. Nice website, by the way. I also suggest you work on the Flash and Photoshop tabs, they go to a different template, which isn't the best. Also some of the code on Flash is not right, because I can see it on the page.

Sohail

Reaction score
Thanks, so what do you think i should do about the Flash and Photoshop tabs, maybe i should add the same banner and theme to Joomla...

Sohail

Reaction score
So, what else do you think i should put on the homepage?

Mitch

Reaction score
Maybe make the video player a little bit bigger and add the latest topics of your forum or your latest tutorials. and change the search field from "evel0.s_word.s_word" to "search".

Sohail

Reaction score
Actually my search isn't working, i need to fix that xD. I don't think i can do much about the video player as if i make it bigger, the videos will either be bad quality or i will have to upgrade the video and that will mean that it takes longer to download plus it takes up more bandwidth. The latest posts in the forum thingy may be a little difficult for me but the latest tutorials is definitely one to think about :).

Sohail

Reaction score
I've fixed the search now :). So any other suggestions that i should keep in mind?