Review My Site

TPI007

Reaction score
Please review my site.
www.DecalsForum.com

It's new so it doesn't have much content. But the basics structure is down and I would also like to note that there is a "Points System" similar to credits system here that is integrated in our site. You will have to be registered to see how this works. You have to register then a bank account will also be created when you register.
Edit:
what do you think of the points system integrated in my site? you have to be registered to see it.

Last edited:

amolpatil2k

Reaction score
Nowhere on your site is there an ABOUT section. If it IS there, it is not easy to locate.

Most don't know what even a Decal is let alone what they can accomplish on your site.

By Decal, do you mean stickers which transfer their print as in:

http://www.decaldriveway.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decal

Also why would you want a forum on decals.

Also why would you want to have a point system on that forum.

Also why would anyone trust that his or her points / cash are actually redeemable or that he or she would not get barred for no reason or that his or her account would not face a computer glitch.

You are using Decals Forum to promote Guerrilla Army, fine but look at the raffles there too. Also your raffle on Decals Forum charges a steep 5 points to win 50 points.

In my opinion, you need to first tell the visitor about what Decals Forum is all about. Then look at what the visitors might want to do on your site. Also think about what you'd like them to do. Now when you see that they are not revisiting or not doing what you intended, use points for incentive. Also think about other TYPES of incentive. Point systems suit larger, more established sites which have loads and loads of avenues for spending and earning points.

For smaller sites, it is better to offer something tangible. So for instance, there should be various things that can be redeemed for say 20 points, 50 points or 100 points. This would placate those suspicious of points especially from smaller sites. Because all they have to trust is the 19, 49 or 99 points before they redeem instead of say 793 points.

Another thing is that it is very difficult to get a forum going. One option is the one-off forum which happens in blog posts. So for instance, if you have a blog, then each post becomes a mini-forum. But if you see the millions of blogs out there, you will notice that only a fraction of these have any sort of discussion going. If even mini-forums aren't so easy, full fledged forums must be next to impossible to get going.

Another thing which is a bit amateurish is the www.DecalsForum.com thing. You use the www. thing on Guerrilla Army too. And worse, Trance Productions works out of a subdomain http://tranceproductions.blogspot.com/

Thankfully in the logo, you have used separate words Decals Forum but here too the blue on blue doesn't work, at least for me.

I would suggest that Decals Forum should be a proper website with a forums section. Obviously www.decalsforum.com/forum/ would look a bit odd in which case you have something like www.decalsforum.com/discuss/

I would also like to see lots of graphics, even wallpapers of cars with decals for instance.

TPI007

Reaction score
I fixed the about me a little, hope you like it better. thanks

Nowhere on your site is there an ABOUT section. If it IS there, it is not easy to locate.

Most don't know what even a Decal is let alone what they can accomplish on your site.

By Decal, do you mean stickers which transfer their print as in:

http://www.decaldriveway.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decal

Also why would you want a forum on decals.

Also why would you want to have a point system on that forum.

Also why would anyone trust that his or her points / cash are actually redeemable or that he or she would not get barred for no reason or that his or her account would not face a computer glitch.

You are using Decals Forum to promote Guerrilla Army, fine but look at the raffles there too. Also your raffle on Decals Forum charges a steep 5 points to win 50 points.

In my opinion, you need to first tell the visitor about what Decals Forum is all about. Then look at what the visitors might want to do on your site. Also think about what you'd like them to do. Now when you see that they are not revisiting or not doing what you intended, use points for incentive. Also think about other TYPES of incentive. Point systems suit larger, more established sites which have loads and loads of avenues for spending and earning points.

For smaller sites, it is better to offer something tangible. So for instance, there should be various things that can be redeemed for say 20 points, 50 points or 100 points. This would placate those suspicious of points especially from smaller sites. Because all they have to trust is the 19, 49 or 99 points before they redeem instead of say 793 points.

Another thing is that it is very difficult to get a forum going. One option is the one-off forum which happens in blog posts. So for instance, if you have a blog, then each post becomes a mini-forum. But if you see the millions of blogs out there, you will notice that only a fraction of these have any sort of discussion going. If even mini-forums aren't so easy, full fledged forums must be next to impossible to get going.

Another thing which is a bit amateurish is the www.DecalsForum.com thing. You use the www. thing on Guerrilla Army too. And worse, Trance Productions works out of a subdomain http://tranceproductions.blogspot.com/

Thankfully in the logo, you have used separate words Decals Forum but here too the blue on blue doesn't work, at least for me.

I would suggest that Decals Forum should be a proper website with a forums section. Obviously www.decalsforum.com/forum/ would look a bit odd in which case you have something like www.decalsforum.com/discuss/

I would also like to see lots of graphics, even wallpapers of cars with decals for instance.

vol7ron

Reaction score
right off the bat, the cloud effect is neat, but annoying.

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hey,
I like the cloud effects.I expect to hear Homer sound effects!

The XHTML and CSS validators are neat.

When I looked up Decals I got to wikipedia, and the back button was the only way back.

The Front page is 'bitty' and I did not find it hung together well.

Not at all bad - stick to the decals