Review My Site

the_site

Reaction score
Right now I just have a simple template down, Just the bones to my site.
Is there a way to put news in my bottom box like wordpress or something like that?

Thanks for the people who gave me ideas to make a website, and now I am doing a Project site.

http://thesite.x10hosting.com/

Last edited:

merrillmck

Reaction score
Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_header() in /home/theadmin/public_html/index.php on line 1

I'm going to guess I caught you in the middle of editing your site as I just get the error message above (IE7, Vista).

nexhunter

Reaction score
Right now I just have a simple template down, Just the bones to my site.
Is there a way to put news in my bottom box like wordpress or something like that?

Thanks for the people who gave me ideas to make a website, and now I am doing a Project site.

http://thesite.x10hosting.com/

You could try using the rss feed from wordpress with a script like SimplePie or another rss parser, or you could get the posts from the mysql tables that wordpress is storing them in., but if your making the theme for wordpress then I advice reading a tutorial like this one from WPDesigner.com called So you want to create WordPress themes huh?

Last edited:

the_site

Reaction score
You could try using the rss feed from wordpress with a script like SimplePie or another rss parser, or you could get the posts from the mysql tables that wordpress is storing them in., but if your making the theme for wordpress then I advice reading a tutorial like this one from WPDesigner.com called So you want to create WordPress themes huh?

I was looking something similar, actually I ran into that page. I am going to create my own WordPress theme and put it on my subdomain. And since this is a Project Site, I will add more updates, to get introduced into more complex stuff.

Any more ideas what should I add, or change?

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
It looks a tad plain. Not sure I am a fan of the green color. Also, its not the best idea to use that one single image as the layout, I could see that leading to problems.

the_site

Reaction score
It looks a tad plain. Not sure I am a fan of the green color. Also, its not the best idea to use that one single image as the layout, I could see that leading to problems.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the one picture being the layout. Well It is a project site and I am making sure this website will grow over the months

Thanks for the Help :]

the_site

Reaction score
I fixed the one image layout deal.

The additions I am going to put on my project site are:

1. Php login
  2. navigation [Text link is too plain]
  3. WordPress
I am sure I will add more as once these will get finished