Review My Site's Design

btfog

Reaction score
Hello all,

I would like some people to review my sites design before I lock the site down for beta testing. I realize that there is to NavBar on the site, but all menu options will be a derivative of the My Account panel. In addition, I realize the site has no content; this is because I don't wan't someone seeing my site content before I am ready to unveil the site from beta. I just want opinions on the design itself. http://www.friendlend.x10.mx

btfog

chessteaching48

Reaction score
My suggestion is to make it more similar to e.g. the Blue Grace theme by Vladimir Prelovac. Look at the differences in colors, but also add some space at the left side of the title, and some space at the top side of the menu.
The width of the sidebar seems somewhat large.

Chess Improvement

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello all,

I would like some people to review my sites design before I lock the site down for beta testing. I realize that there is to NavBar on the site, but all menu options will be a derivative of the My Account panel. In addition, I realize the site has no content; this is because I don't wan't someone seeing my site content before I am ready to unveil the site from beta. I just want opinions on the design itself. http://www.friendlend.x10.mx

btfog
Dear btfog,
Surely to review the site,
It has no css,no javascript
Its a basic html template.
If you design using this,which I tried doing a few years ago,it will eat away all your time.If your aim is to learn html,its ok.but if you are trying on making money using adsense etc,I suggest you use wordpress or joomla or any CMS for that fact and get your site going.
In parallel you can learn css ,javascript and php as well.
Does this help,
Regards,
VVBB

btfog

Reaction score
UPDATE: IE problems have been fixed! Feel free to try with any browser, however, it does look best rendered in a webkit browser.

I'm going to apologize to anyone who saw my design before this post. I did that late at night and wasn't thinking clearly. I updated trying to take into account some of your suggestions. If you would tell me what you think now, I would greatly appreciate it. http://friendlend.x10.mx

btfog

Last edited:

edmund81

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure how to put it, but it needs to 'flow' more. Also it might be a good idea to see if you can get the nav bar to automatically default to the far right of the screen, or at least a bit more, because even on my laptop there is a lot of unused space.

btfog

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure how to put it, but it needs to 'flow' more.
Help me understand what you mean by flow. I'm not sure I quite understand. Also, what browser did you use?

In addition, I have a question. Do I need to soften the border of my header?

btfog

Last edited:

edmund81

Reaction score
Well I think the nav bar and stuff need to be connected, rather than stopping and starting (like the header). Also I think it would look good with a plainish background, and also try not to have the title on the far left but all the content in the middle because it makes it look a bit odd, but I reckon that would be quite easy to fix. I'm on Chrome on a Mac.

hrvat

Reaction score
Hello !
Do you working site for Cloud computing ?
regards

btfog

Reaction score
Well I think the nav bar and stuff need to be connected, rather than stopping and starting (like the header). Also I think it would look good with a plainish background, and also try not to have the title on the far left but all the content in the middle because it makes it look a bit odd, but I reckon that would be quite easy to fix. I'm on Chrome on a Mac.

I put in some text that will be the same length as my title and slogan. In addition, do you have any idea about how to get my text to wrap around that sidebar css element?

Thanks so much!!
btfog