Review my test site

vol7ron

Reaction score
http://www.web-critic.net/ci

This site is a test for a friend. I was playing around with silhouettes.

This works best in Firefox, some of the images don't load in IE yet. Haven't devoted anything more than 20 mins to it because it's only a test site.

Let me know what you think.

LHVWB

Reaction score
Just a few comments.
  1. You make the site have a sidebar for every page, because it looks a little bit strange when you change the page and the sidebar appears/disappears, changing the positioning of the page.
  2. Also the menu elements are overlapping so that need to be fixed.

tittat

Reaction score
A web page with RED background is irritating for our eyes.Please use a light color as background.

vol7ron

Reaction score
Can you take a screenshot? I'm not having that problem at all with the menu.

As for the sidebar, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Are you talking about the images on the right? If so, I agree, but this is a test-site so i just did a little teaser to see if anything like the menu looked bad at a different resolution.

----------------------------------------
I had lighter, but it didn't look as nice. i'll see what I can do with another gradient.

Remember this is a fun site, so red is okay. I wouldn't recommend it on a professional site. It's a basic memo to friends and family.

Last edited:

vol7ron

Reaction score
if anyone else had the same problem as verbsite with the menu overlapping... I would very much like to see.

LHVWB

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't post the screenshots earlier but here they are, the first one is from my main computer, while the second is from one of my other computers. My second computer has a much higer resoluction than my main computer, as well as a better screen.

Sorry that the quality so bad, but I had to compress it. I can post a better quality screenshot if you want.

Attachments

• screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 16
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 17

vol7ron

Reaction score
Oh thank you so much verbsite. I've added to your reputation. Do you know by any chance what your resolution on the main computer is. I think I was using em for the size, I might have to make it a fixed size.

LHVWB

Reaction score
Oh thank you so much verbsite. I've added to your reputation. Do you know by any chance what your resolution on the main computer is. I think I was using em for the size, I might have to make it a fixed size.

The resolutions are
1024px x 768px for my main computer and 1280px x 1024px for my other computer, they are both running Firefox.