Review My website please

cloud9creations

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

For the past weekish, since i've signed up with x10hosting, I have been working (what feels like tirelessly, when in fact its more of just putting up with the company owner and her annoying little changes) on my company's website. It is nothing fancy, as we are a brand new company that specializes in Stained Glass. I myself work on the glass and the reason I'm working on the website instead of some web designer is because i'm a former IT Administrator (oh how the mighty have fallen) who is working at his family's newly created business.

Anyways, I was hoping to get some critiques or other suggestions in reference to the mess i've managed to create and call a website. As I said, its not a fancy website. Pretty straight forward right now.

http://cloud9creations.x10hosting.com

This was made in Frontpage 2003. I used to know HTML and PHP but as I haven't really used either in over a year, and even then I wasn't all that hot with it, I decided to use something that would help me get back on my feet and running again.

Thanks in advance!

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I just visit your site and see the domain available page..

The page you requested does not exist! Why not take a moment and register it now? Sign-up with x10Hosting.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
anyways you design a simple webpage and just a background...

No layout??

I think you should try some free template.

cloud9creations

Reaction score
You know, a template never really crossed my mind. When I started working on it, I was just concentrating on getting the site up and running.

In my personal opinion, its FAR to bland for my tastes and it HAS been driving me nuts, so if I can find a template that the fits the bill, I'll put it to good use.

Thanks for the tip, and maybe check back later to see what template I managed to dig up.:biggrin:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
sure i will see it later..

good luck.. need any help from me just PM me..

Regards

necteraaus

Reaction score
In my personal opinion, its FAR to bland for my tastes and it HAS been driving me nuts, so if I can find a template that the fits the bill, I'll put it to good use.

Well, I agree with you there Cloud9creations, it is bland, and to me, it doesn't make use of the space well. Maybe you could have just one whole frame, instead of 2 (I think there's 2, but the 2nd isn't being used currently). Not much I can help you with though, I prefer making and designing blog style websites instead of static company websites.

Keep at it though.

cloud9creations

Reaction score
Hello again!

I have been a little negligable about updating this. I'm pretty sure I said that I would update when the revised version is up. So far its been up for at least two months since that posting on the new template.

http://cloudninecreations.x10hosting.com/index.html

It is definatly better then the original version. There are still some bugs to it ( the calender function on the template is pretty much non exsistant, i just kept it for now till i have a chance to really work it out, but between working on inventory at the actual shop, and renovating the apartment above the shop, the only time i've gotten to spend on the website is updating events. Even the Gallery and Special Orders page are pretty much hopelessly out of date now).

Anyways, Just wanted to update and see if this is at least passable compared to my pathetic orignal attempt.

Thanks again every one!

Last edited: