review my website

tittat

Reaction score
Nice layout and design.But i could see quite a lot of blank space here and there with no content.
Just wondering where is Delon???
Good Luck :)

vol7ron

Reaction score
is this a joomla site? i like the look/feel. curious about the mouse over menu effect

Edit:
nevermind, it's an opacity effect. BTW, the Trends Till [sic] Now section is messed up in ie6

Last edited:

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
Rating: 9/10

It is looking great! The template is awesome! I love the fade effect for the tabs. Everything flows very well. Can't wait to see it with all its contect. Keep up the amazing work!

~!Coldfirezz
Happy Holidays

Sohail

Reaction score
Great template! Graphics could use a little optimizing...

9/10

Max1337

Reaction score
Really good template, very impressive... Keep up the good work *thumbs up*
I give it a 9/10 :)

amolpatil2k

Reaction score
Delhi Online is an interesting idea but its success would depend on how many resources you are able to put behind it. If you are planning to go it alone, it would be better to start blogging about Delhi using WordPress.com (for its Google optimization) as opposed to hosted WordPress. Also try to concentrate on issues not tackled by the main stream media.

If you are planning to stick to the current format, it is going to take a lot of work. In its current form, your site makes heavy use of scripting. Scripting has always had a bad name, but in today's malware-ridden Net, it is even more avoided. No wonder the most popular extension for Firefox is NoScript. What that means is that Firefox users who have installed NoScript would find your site awkward and unusable. This is another reason to use WordPress.com / hosted WordPress, your site would degrade well in browsers which have eye-candy features disabled. Another way would be to use CSS.

If you want to continue running such an extended site alone then one option is crowd sourcing. For instance, you have forums as one of the sections. The trouble is forums are not easy to get started. Most popular forums today are 5-10 years old. To start off, you can use a shout box in each section.

A more extreme method would be to invite contributors and let them host their ads on their contributions. This is how they would get paid for their contributions in a commensurate manner. The most popular blog in the world Huffington Post has many contributors. One more thing that can be copied from HuffPo is the special Big News pages it has on various hot topics. So instead of sections, you can have special pages for various issues of interest to Delhites. See http://www.huffingtonpost.com/big-news/

Amol

dhruv227

Reaction score
hi amolpatil2k,
i am not alone, me and and my group of friends are doing this together whom i lead. everybody has a lot of interest in computer and the sections they have decided to take over for eg. i like to be updated with the current affairs so i have taken up the the news section with 2 friends of mine helping me to update the content. Right Now at Delhi Online we have only made the basic layout which will be more extended in the future. And we at Delhi Online will not be just covering those basic topics like News, Tech and those stuff but will try to go into many more topics like Schools Affairs and such kinds of topics and etc..