Review: Non Pirate Movie Site

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
http://skizzjones.atwebpages.com/a1/

Maybe it's just me but I don't quite think that it looks quite right. In know that the tree menu images need to be changed but maybe the font and colour scheme overall. What do you think?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The only real problem I see with the stuff you have absolute control over is the transparency of the tree menu background -- having the header "eye" image and the thin rule running through the box looks a little bit weird and unfinished. At a closer look, I'd like to see a more consistent look to all of the nav boxes on the left -- the vignette effect kind of gets lost altogether by the time you get to the Premium Members box because of the gradient underlaying. Perhaps an opaque background (with a centre cutting the difference between the black of the tree box and the darker blue of the Download box) might work better. And I'd hyphenate "non-pirate".

The rest is the Google ad integration, particularly the YouTube box when it shows -- the link text doesn't contrast enough with the background. I realise that you only get so many options with the ads, but there's got to be something that's a better fit than a transparent background with blue links over a blue site background.