Review of my Urbex site

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Don't really care much for dark backgrounds, but you chose font colors and sizes which made it easy to read. The header logo has the phrase "Urban Exporer". Think you have a typo there. The word "updates" in the navigation bar is spelled with a lower case "u" while the other words in the navigation bar begin with upper case letters. Again, on the title bar, I see "Contactus". Perhaps that should be "Contact Us"? The fonts on your contact form are very small and I had great difficulty reading the words. On the "About" page the highlighted paragraph titles don't look right, at least not in my browser. The lettering does not fit correctly into the blue background. I found the overall concept of your website very interesting. While I have never explored and photographed abandoned urban buildings in general, I have explored and photographed abandoned structures with some historical significance. Nice work. Just a few details to think about and possibly correct. Hope you found this helpful.

castler

Reaction score
Thanks for your review, I have fixed those changes & revamped the header.

My other questions is can I swap the current layout to another without completely deleting the content? It seems I cannot change it without re-entering the content, pics etc.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

good work, a feel of a professional website

thanks

Last edited:

threedee

Reaction score
My other questions is can I swap the current layout to another without completely deleting the content? It seems I cannot change it without re-entering the content, pics etc.

Are you using a CMS for this? I believe most cms have templates which you can edit for the layout without removing and re-adding your content. On the other hand, you can simply edit your current CSS to suit the layout that you want. You can learn more about Cascading Style Sheets here http://www.w3schools.com/css/

Additionally, viewing your site on firefox, I noticed on that homepage that the paragraph to the right of the image seems to be sticking with the image (no padding, or margin) which looks a little distracting. You may want to add a space between them to emphasize them separately and increase readability. You may also want to change "blogger" to blog in your content.