Review on site > Club Nissan

Trubble

Reaction score
http://clubnissan.mywebcommunity.org/index.htm

I've started this work in progress of my website. Still a few things to alter but the design is almost finalized.

Basically, the website is a Nissan vehicle owners club, focused mainly on UK members. With adding plenty of information past and present of Nissan Motor Company, I hope that it is a place people can come to for just about anything.

Some features on the website:

*Javascript rollover images with preload - used on the linkbar
*Javascript image rotation - used on the news page showing different models of Nissans
*PHPbb forum with modified template

And to come are:
*More extensive PHP features such as News, e-mail and other updates
*Work on better advertising structure - Only shows adverts for non-paid members

I hope you like and if you have any issues with your browser, spot an error or just a suggestion to improve the website, just ask! Even if you'd like some web design help yourself, I don't mind!

Last edited:

ThePaintGuru

Reaction score
Nice site. On the pages like History and Gallery, though, the title in the little boxes is almost impossible to read. Not sure if you're using ALT tags either, but just a reminder that in this case they are vital.

Trubble

Reaction score
I was aware that especially on some LCD screens that it wouldn't show well, on my laptop depending on what angle it's ok, but using a very vivid LCD it shows fine. I didn't want to put a dark stroke around it so that the user would be distracted to it, instead I wanted it to be just a nice little touch. It's not like it's something important anyway.

I didn't use ALT tags, I just used Dreamweaver to insert everything, and used tables and such. What is the advantage of ALT tags?

ThePaintGuru

Reaction score
ALT tags go in images, in the form <image src="URL" alt="Alternate text to display if image doesn't show"> They are necessary because sometimes images don't show up right. Also, disabled people with screen readers can't read text if it's in images, so you must provide a way for them to tell what's going on.

satbir

Reaction score
+Sober colours and design
+ Good Header concept
+ Good layout
- Contact page is throwing up 404 therefore going to your host site atwebpages
- Forum is having too many boards and categories thus making it too clutered.

Trubble

Reaction score
Thanks for that, I've used ALT tags years ago, but I didn't know of a good enough reason to use them!

I was thinking about the same for the forum, and I'm sure I will get rid of some areas, it's just theres a vast range to have with cars available to buy which doesn't help!

Thanks for the feedback!

daman371

Reaction score
Pretty good site. I have a nissan. Some of the images take some time to load but it's good.