Review Please

lolimaru

Reaction score
I made sort of a profile site hoping that if my name is typed in Google, my site would be number one in the rankings. When you Google "Jeff DeRose" the top 10 listings are all this other guys profiles.

My website is jeffderose.co.cc because the .com domain is already registered.

I'm looking for any suggestions or info on how to make it rank better. Or just a critique about the site

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
nice website like the design but why did you choose a domain name as jeffderose.co.cc or .com the site is anime type right if you want higher ranking then your domain must be unique and ad copyright at the footer and ad the navigation on top not bottom

tittat

Reaction score
Your site is cool.
But...
1)You must have a footer and header for your site.
2)I prefer having TOP or SIDE navigation.
Good Luck :)

lolimaru

Reaction score
Hmm I think I'm confused about the header and footer. I thought it would be fine for me to put the copyright info where I did. I thought as long as it was on the bottom of the page it was considered a footer.

As for the header, I thought just having the text "Jeff DeRose" at top was fine.

I made the whole layout in photoshop and it gave me all the HTML to put the slices together. Then I just added a scroll bar in the content box so that the text wouldn't run off the page. I don't think I understand the importance of a proper header and footer.

When I stuck the navigation on the bottom, I was only thinking of a 1024x768 and larger resolution. I didn't think about how big of a pain it would be to have the navigation at the bottom on a lower resolution or mobile device. I'm assuming that's why people are telling me to put the navigation at the top right?

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
A header and footer are important in most websites. You DON'T have to have them, but most use them for better structure in there site. I think your site looks pretty good, though I think that there may be a bit to little room for the actual content.

lolimaru

Reaction score
Ohh ok, I was afraid that not having a proper header and footer would effect my site being indexed. I wanted everything to fit inside the pink box.

As for the content box, your right, it's too small to even fit pictures in so I had to stick with thumbnails. I plan on adding a photography slideshow and there's no way it will look good in that tiny content box. I think I'm going to make a new layout just for the slideshow, but make it match the rest of the site.

Most of my links are external ones so I'm trying to think of more to pages to add.

Big question! If I didn't put a scroll bar inside the content box, the text would have just ran outside the box. How does everyone else get their boxes to adjust vertical size to fit all the text? I just checked out your nice site, http://sourfacedcyclop.com, and it's a perfect example. your lined papers size changes to fit all your content. My site always stays the same size. x.x