Review School & Chat

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That phpBB theme is the most used theme and hence your users may get bored.
Try changing it.
Else speed are good on your site and loading is clean.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
something wrong with the fonts. Its kinda sharp. i like smooth. But its your site and your preference. keep up the good work. :)

Darkmere

Reaction score
I changed the font to Cambria...is that smooth? :p

If you are going with font look dont ... Cambria is a MS specific font and even a lot of computers with windows doesn't have it. The font sets that is said to be on most computer systems and mobile devices are (Times New Roman, Times) (Arial, Hevetica) and (Courier New, Courier) and I put parenthesizes around the fonts that are similar to each other.

hosthost

Reaction score
Nice site
But very slow on loading.But do you have a blog for the forum site aswell?

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
Nice site
But very slow on loading.But do you have a blog for the forum site aswell?

Yeah, I have a modification (phpBB) that lets you have blog entries. The reason it's slow is because of all the mods I have installed. :/

Nice but theme is just simple!

I know. The thing is I have A LOT of mods installed and it'll be a pain to get all the mods to work on other styles...

If you are going with font look dont ... Cambria is a MS specific font and even a lot of computers with windows doesn't have it. The font sets that is said to be on most computer systems and mobile devices are (Times New Roman, Times) (Arial, Hevetica) and (Courier New, Courier) and I put parenthesizes around the fonts that are similar to each other.

if the user doesn't have Cambria, then they will see the font as Times

I'm using this line of code to change the font everywhere:

* {font-family: "Cambria", Times, serif !important;}

from what I've been told, if a user does not have Cambria, then Times will be the font.

an admin on my forum, who helps me with almost everything said:

"if the computer viewing doesn't have Cambria, it will look for Times, if it doesn't have that it will use whatever the default serif font is."

Darkmere

Reaction score
I know that silly ... I said if you are going for the look. Cambria uses Text figuring and what not and some people like that look, that is what I am going for. I love Cambria but it doesnt show on some comps of mine or my tablet but for some reason Constantia (which is a similar font that uses text figures) does show up on everything I have even my cell phone ... go figure

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
I know that silly ... I said if you are going for the look. Cambria uses Text figuring and what not and some people like that look, that is what I am going for. I love Cambria but it doesnt show on some comps of mine or my tablet but for some reason Constantia (which is a similar font that uses text figures) does show up on everything I have even my cell phone ... go figure

oh....I see...what font do you see when you go to my website?

nice idea .......... go 4 it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

is that all you can contribute?

gouri78

Reaction score
good work ,,,, creating a school community online..........nice way .....

Darkmere

Reaction score
oh....I see...what font do you see when you go to my website?

On my PC it shows Cambria, my Tablet PC it shows an Arial type font and the same for my Apple Devices

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

I can give you a list of Cambria type fonts that should show on every device if you wish

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
good work ,,,, creating a school community online..........nice way .....

thank you :)

On my PC it shows Cambria, my Tablet PC it shows an Arial type font and the same for my Apple Devices

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

I can give you a list of Cambria type fonts that should show on every device if you wish

sure I'd like to see the list

Darkmere

Reaction score
These fonts I found to work on most systems even mobile phones, and Tablets.

Constintia (Second Favorite under Cambria)
Georgia
Candara
Corbel