Reviews on x10hosting

jensen

Reaction score
https://www.sitegeek.com/compareHosting/freehostingnoads.net_vs_x10hosting

Suggestion: If you enjoy your hosting here are x10hosting, whether, free, paid, or premium, how about hopping over to that site and give your honest opinion about x10hosting there? :)

I've mentioned about the FREE SSD Cloud Hosting that we get here and given my honest opinion of x10hosting - FULL 5 stars

NOTE: That site above does not belong to me and I am not in any way affiliated with that site nor do I get any benefits from them for asking you to go over there.

mduffyx1

Reaction score
I'm still waiting to find out what the catch is.

"Sooner or later when your big chances come,
You'll look for the catches but there will be none."

(I Robot / The Voice - Alan Parsons 1977)

forumho2

Reaction score
I do however, appreciate that link :) they provide 20GB of webspace right off the bat, and after toying with a test site for awhile, seem to be just as good as X10 with more space.

However, their CPanel is garbage. Hard to use, some kind of homemade deal looks like

Last edited:

mduffyx1

Reaction score
I got by with 5 Mb for about 20 years, so the 512 Mb seems like oodles & oodles.

forumho2

Reaction score
5mb !!! my forum software uses that much by itself. :)

Last edited:

mduffyx1

Reaction score
Their quota dated back to the days when ISPs would offer 5 or 10 meg of free space to set up a site. I don't think they ever upgraded their hardware, and only bothered to maintain it because a few commercial users used it and never wanted to bother updating their sites. (And new users would just sneer at 5 Mb and find an ad-supported site with bigger quotas - or use Facebook, etc.)

A few years back I sent them a letter with a 1-cent piece attached as my share of doubling the quota. Their polite response was just that they had no current business plans to change the free space, but if I wanted to pay more, I could get a commercial account.

jensen

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't think it was going to promote the other site. Was looking at giving good reviews if you enjoy the hosting here like I do.
x10hosting gets quite a lot of complaint for being strict as to who they would host here and I like that. This is for the good of the rest of us hosted here.

Have not asked for quote upgrade as I cannot even use up the space given. Am trying to make my website as lean as possible for fast responses and load times. So I don't get it when people keep bugging for more free space.

It's not really free, someone is paying for it or at least the ads are paying for it. (When I need more space, then I'll upgrade to Premium here)

Thus I conclude that x10hosting is the real deal and would be glad to speak up for it, especially review sites (if I come across them)