Rock Band for PS2 - Worth it?

squishydodo

Reaction score
I want to get Rock Band now that it's a bit cheaper than it was new, but I'm troubled as to which version to get. I own a PS2 and could therefore bring the PS2 version with me if I move in the future. However, my housemate has a 360, and I understand that the multiplayer portion of Rock Band is better on the 360. I'm also worried that RB2 might not be released on PS2, forcing me to either ditch the Playstation drums and guitar to re-buy the 360 version, or buying a PS3, which would cost an awful lot, but would let me keep using my old controllers.

Thoughts?

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I want to get Rock Band now that it's a bit cheaper than it was new, but I'm troubled as to which version to get. I own a PS2 and could therefore bring the PS2 version with me if I move in the future. However, my housemate has a 360, and I understand that the multiplayer portion of Rock Band is better on the 360. I'm also worried that RB2 might not be released on PS2, forcing me to either ditch the Playstation drums and guitar to re-buy the 360 version, or buying a PS3, which would cost an awful lot, but would let me keep using my old controllers.

Thoughts?

The 360 version is leaps and bounds better than the PS2 version. You'd not only be getting online multiplayer, you'll be getting features removed from the PS2 version.

In the Wii and PS2 versions World Tour mode was removed as well as character creation. It really adds a lot to the game, especially if you have friends that come over and rock out a bit.

Another advantage the 360 version has over the PS2 one is downloadable content. There is a huge amount of downloadable songs on XBL market place.

On a final note, if you own the orginial Rockband when Rockband 2 is released all of your songs will be backwards compatibile.

It's worth paying the extra money.

Also, I'm sure that the PS2 is getting Rockband 2. If getting it for the PS2 is the only viable way of playing it then by all means get it. Otherwise it's the lowest common denominator. It just doesn't have the replayability as the 360 and PS3 versions does.

Either way, I'm sure you'd enjoy the game on any platform as the core gameplay it self is identical.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I'd just wait for RB 2 or GH: WT. Both will feature full band kits, customizable characters, bands and albums and DLC on Wii, PS3 and 360. Also, GH:WT lets your make, record and distribute your own songs.

imaran

Reaction score
Yeah everything I've heard points to Guitar Hero being better than Rock Band with the new release. Just wait for the new Guitar Hero and you'll be good.