Ruby on Rails... I'm begging you!!

hoovernj

Reaction score
Please install Ruby on Rails! This would be the "killer-feature" for free hosting. Right now a *ton* of buzz and a lot of web 2.0 applications being developed on it (see more here and here).

I would really appreciate it.
Thanks.

hoovernj

Reaction score
This can probably help. Just think of it as the next generation of PHP. It's an interpreted language like PHP, but it will have an optimizer [built in] with release 2.0.

(I would copy and paste the FAQ, but the styles on the site are too sweet for that. :laughing:)

CheetahShrk

Reaction score
Ruby on Rails doesn't look that good from what I see, I installed it on a apache server on my computer and it really isnt as powerful as PHP nor is it that useful. Plus its more like ASP then PHP.

Richard

Reaction score
hoovernj said:
Just think of it as the next generation of PHP. It's an interpreted language like PHP, but it will have an optimizer [built in] with release 2.0.
I think it will be quite some time before it gets to anywhere near PHP or even Python

hoovernj

Reaction score
Before you jump to conclusions, consider this article written for ONLamp.com.

Ruby is not a new language. The movement to web servers is. Ruby has actually had 10 years of maturation under its belt.

I didn't really expect x10 to implement it, but it was worth asking. I've been planning to move from x10 anyway.

Richard

Reaction score
Sorry :eek:nline2lo , I was referring to Ruby on Rails as an interpreted language against PHP and mod_python not the Ruby languade its self :grin: . I don't see why it couldn't be put on but Corey makes the final decision.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Well if he's moving anyway, I'm not installing it =P

-Corey

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
I don't know it dose not sound good from my end because I never heard of it.....