Ruby

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjgillies

Reaction score
is there ruby installed on ciroc? (I'm trying to learn it) If not, is it installed on the paid server?

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I don't believe Ruby is installed on any of the free servers (unless this has changed recently); I'll ask Corey once I see him online regarding Ruby on the paid servers

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not that familiar with it, paid users can have modules installed upon request. To get a module installed on the free server you would need to create a poll have and have a good amount of votes.

-Corey

tjgillies

Reaction score
can paid users request ruby on rails? :)

I'm asking because there are webhosts out there that cater specifically to ruby on rails hosting. I am letting x10 have first dibs on my money if they would support it here.

--edited for clarity

Last edited:

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
can paid users request ruby on rails? :)

I'm asking because there are webhosts out there that cater to ruby on rails hosting and i was letting have x10 have first dibs on my paid hosting if they would support it here.

Read Corey's post right above yours :

Corey said:
I'm not that familiar with it, paid users can have modules installed upon request.

tjgillies

Reaction score
"ruby on rails" != "ruby". plus i don't know what he meant by "module" thats a pretty vague term. I wouldn't cosider rails a "module" it's more of a "platform"

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Let me check out what is involved with installing it and I'll let you know in a little bit.

-Corey
Edit:
Is there a difference between just ruby and ruby on rails?

Last edited:

tjgillies

Reaction score
ruby is a programming language. ruby on rails, more commonly called rails, is a development platform by 37 signals.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll have to look into the ruby portion some more. Do you have any documentation on it you can link me to?

Status
Not open for further replies.