Run out of clues with 500 Internal Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

unocoleader

Reaction score
Ok. Socks and sleeves are empty. Made backup of original database, deleted old one, created new and re-linked user to it = no difference. Restored old one, re-linked user = no difference.

First time I created new (without Wizard), I got typical "can't find tables" error as that DB was empty. Created new (on top of the earlier new) with wizards and I saw that so familiar error 500 I've seen more than 20 times during troubleshooting.

I can't even get to install my phpBB from the scratch because of the 500 error, so some support would be nice. Forums are located in Starka server under domain unoguild.x10.bz @ http://forums.unoguild.x10.bz/

Have you sorted out Starka server already, or what do I have to do to get my (and our GUILDS) forums back online?

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Post your .htaccess file.

unocoleader

Reaction score
This one is from the forums.unoguild.x10.bz

#
# Uncomment the statement below if you want to make use of
# HTTP authentication and it does not already work.
# This could be required if you are for example using PHP via Apache CGI.
#
#<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
#RewriteEngine on
#RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]
#</IfModule>

<Files "config.php">
Order Allow,Deny
Deny from All
</Files>

<Files "common.php">
Order Allow,Deny
Deny from All
</Files>
And this one is from public_html root. Noticed it points to WordPress page I had (but deleted) in the end.

# -FrontPage-

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Limit>
AuthName unoguild.x10.bz
AuthUserFile /home/unoguild/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.pwd
AuthGroupFile /home/unoguild/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.grp

# BEGIN WordPress

# END WordPress

Didn't get which one you wanted so gave you both. Looks to me that there is something I've missed here. Should I have the "top one" on public_html root? Just guessing, so......

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
What forums system are you using? I suggest going to their website and downloading the files and replacing your .htaccess and see if it works.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Also, can you log onto cPanel and look at the Error Log that you should see in the Logs section of the first page? (Note: this is NOT the same error_log that PHP creates).

unocoleader

Reaction score
Errorlog in cPanel:

[Thu Jul 22 22:23:30 2010] [error] [client 66.249.68.109] File does not exist: /home/unoguild/public_html/404.shtml
[Thu Jul 22 22:23:30 2010] [error] [client 66.249.68.109] File does not exist: /home/unoguild/public_html/phpbb/viewforum.php
[Thu Jul 22 22:11:37 2010] [error] [client 66.249.68.109] File does not exist: /home/unoguild/public_html/404.shtml
[Thu Jul 22 22:11:37 2010] [error] [client 66.249.68.109] File does not exist: /home/unoguild/public_html/phpbb/viewtopic.php
[Thu Jul 22 22:11:37 2010] [error] [client 66.249.68.109] File does not exist: /home/unoguild/public_html/404.shtml
[Thu Jul 22 22:11:37 2010] [error] [client 66.249.68.109] File does not exist: /home/unoguild/public_html/robots.txt

And I'm using phpBB3. Don't know which window I should believe, my FireFTP one, or cPanel File Manager. FFTP told me that my folder where I had the files, is empty and cPanel FM told me there's stuff. Now when I'm upping new files there, FFTP says it can't create folders as those are there already.

unocoleader

Reaction score
Just a little speculation: What if the problem is not in DB? Internal Server Error might point also in x10 servers. Nothing else, but I didn't find anything in my DB's that would be wrong so I came up with an idea if that 'localhost' isn't properly set up. I mean, are you 110% sure that the Starka is running as it should and it has all the necessary software installed to make sure we can use phpBB or vBulletin boards there? I'm not propably only one struggling with 500-ISE and MySQL+phpBB.

If you have backups, can you up my files and such again if you haven't, as there should be all things before your messing with the servers and connections. x)

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
It seems the 500 error has been resolved. I will be closing the thread. Please open a new one for any other problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.