Runescape HD is out!!!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Runescape HD has been out for some time. It's not as good as you'd expect it to be (it's not HD, it looks like an old Windows 98 games with some extra features like pixel shading in the water), but if Jagex can improve the graphics even more, then I'd like it. Otherwise, playing it on my max resolution the last time a friend was over who had this game, it didn't impress me.

Also one thing they should do is fix the music in the game, like make it MP3 or something. It sounds soo cheesey!!!

Last edited:

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Wow, their site has changed a lot (I haven't visited for over a month). But I was hoping that the music would have been updated as well. It doesn't really matter though because I got bored with Runescape a while ago.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
It still looks bad...
But there is a definite improvement.

I only wish they would make some new free quests. I've completed them all apart from the Dragon Slayer one.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
It looks better, but still pretty crap. The game has been way oversold, they work too much on gaming the graphics look better with tiny improvements each time and not enough on actual game play. And how they intend to sell this the way they seem to want to is beyond me. Although, RS is more reliable than WoW server wise. But I still don't think it'll work. RS is old.

-Luke.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
By the way, after re-reading a sentence in the first post of this topic, a GeForce 2 can run this game without a problem. You just need to tweak the graphics a bit in the graphics options if anything.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
It still is pretty popular, but they've been having lag problems as of late due to the "HD" feature based on whar my friend had told me.

Last edited:

Nathan H

Reaction score
But there is a definite improvement.

I only wish they would make some new free quests. I've completed them all apart from the Dragon Slayer one.

Same here, IF you are a member, there is LOADS to do, but while free there is very little. I was a member at the time of runescape original when the 3d was just a beta. Man was it empty.

enraged

Reaction score
To be honest, Return to Castle Wolfenstein (2001) looked better.

Nathan H

Reaction score
Return to castle wolfenstien wasnt a streamed MMO available without installing the game

intertec

Reaction score
If you haven't ever played runescape you can't notice the big changes in graphics. The rate runescape is going it could turn out to be a very good game. Even better then WOW.

MarioMaster

Reaction score
idk how jagex is intending to keep runescape running by taking away pking (i don't mind, but thousands of others do), limiting trade, and not doing a thing about p-servers. they need to care less about rwt and more on letting the players do wat they want. players using bots is the only real issue they need to work on. bots r going to soon be the only players who stand a chance due to jagex taking away all of the privelages that don't affect bots (much). btw, check out Fordana just for laughs. it's like runescape but with 7 players online at once instead of 2000, and even worse graphics (btw, they don't use a plugin like java).

Last edited:

JuniorD

Reaction score
i personnally don't like runescape, though it has good graphics considering it being online AND 3-d. I don't think I'll ever like the game enough to get a full membership, but I do like their new web template. Last one looked like something I cannot describe on this forum. Yes you know what I'm talking about. :p

Archkronos

Reaction score
But its still Runescape.

It spawns manical children who speak like lolcats and have no concept of grammar whatsoever.

theterminator

Reaction score
ehhh, why do they call it RuneScape HD. It's not in High Definition. It just looks like they got new artists to redo the game.

psgalaxy91

Reaction score
RuneScape is getting better. And for all those noobs who can't live without pking, new pking worlds are coming out where you can kill all you want anywhere, including lumbridge and back in the wilderness. So w00t.