Runescape

jamzy

Reaction score
I want to run a poll and see how many people here use runescape...
:biggrin:
???

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
I used to play it, in my teen days, I quit before the game became retarded, but now i see i won't even think of touching it again, they killed it.

Dahlriku

Reaction score
yea, they killed it. as soon as i was going to set out to be a p-het collector they screwed up the tradeing system.

dawmail333

Reaction score
I played it a bit but MMORPGs aren't really my thing. In plus, Runescape (and most of the people who play it) are either :nuts: or :thefinger.

teguild

Reaction score
The problem with runescape is that there's so much to do, but so little purpose. They need to get some sort of underlying story in there somehow.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
yea, they killed it. as soon as i was going to set out to be a p-het collector they screwed up the tradeing system.

I agree, they really messed up the game to 'make it fair', but what in life, exactly, is fair? And then there's the new 'improved' graphics, the entire game looks awful now lol

The problem with runescape is that there's so much to do, but so little purpose. They need to get some sort of underlying story in there somehow.

That's true. Maybe they could update the tutorial with a brief introduction to who you are, where you are and stuff. That would breathe some new life into the game.

I also think Jagex could make the game change with time, advance it as the real world changes with time.

In short, I played it for a few (three to five?) months, but then it got really boring and pointless so I gave up on it.

-Luke.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't play it... sorry.

enraged

Reaction score
Used to play it when I was a kid. Don't play it anymore.

jjpeacha

Reaction score
I did play it at one point, but it really sucked. I cud never be bothered to train and because I didn't train, the game never really opened up to me.

mcklovin

Reaction score
I played runescape for about four weeks, I got to lvl 20 and it just seemed so repetitive. I gave it up :/ my account is still floating around somewhere lol.

mikedabomb

Reaction score
The game has it's positive traits, but training just gets so repetitive. It's nice that they have a lot of skills so you don't get too bored with any one thing, but the principle is the same for all of them and it's really inefficient to switch off a lot.
More importantly, there are too many scammers... That's why I quit. The good ones stole my stuff and the bad ones got really annoying.:rant2:

loopyloser

Reaction score
Its boredom, i used to play.
now like other people have said, theres mostly little kids and alot of
thefinger.gif

The game is pointless train, get a level earn nothing.
(in the way your just clicking staring at the screen working for? what #1?)
Private servers are fun but still pointless.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
runescape is sad imo cuz nearly 80% is member stuff and we the free members don't get all the good stuff, and if the members get something new we get some lame old feature that the members dont use any more and there are alot of noobs cutting trees down every where you go you see noobs cutting trees down and there is yet another sad thing when you go to the border of the wilderness there are player killers waiting to ambush you just to get a little bit higher

like2program

Reaction score
I used to a while back, but I quit when they started messing with it. My account is still there I just don't want to play a game where to the point is to level up skills that are used to level up other skills (woodcutting -> Firemaking + Fishing -> Cooking -> Fighting -> Boring).

bookworm99

Reaction score
I dunno if anyone's looked, but on the main page at http://www.runescape.com/ they've just announced a new graphical upgrade which looks incredible. I used to play RS (bookworm9405 on there if you must know) and got to about level 85, I still am on the forums there occasionally but don't use it for the most part - like I have the time for an MMO. I agree that it can get boring, but I've always had a strange attraction to it.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I used to play it but I stopped once I completed all the free quests. Once you've completed the quests there not much point in playing.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I didn't play it as a kid. I had dial-up back then :D. I only found out about Runescape a year after I got DSL.

Last edited: